cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markusmaus
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

BT Premium Mail

I cancelled my BT broadband package, but wish to keep my email address. It wouldn't let me sort it out online, so I rang up BT and they put me through to an Indian call centre who said they needed remote access to my computer in order to set up premium mail. I don't understand why they would need access to my computer (which I am very reluctant to give) when all I want to do is keep the email address I already use. As far as I understand, it would just be an update to my account to say I'm paying £5/month for the email. Any help would be appreciated, as the 30days will be up soon!
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Premium Mail

Welcome to this user forum.

See See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44885/~/what-is-bt-premium-mail-and-how-do-i-get-it%3...

Nobody should need access to your computer.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Hi @Markusmaus,

If you could follow @Keith_Beddoe's advice that should help you set up a Premium Mail service. The person taking over your machine would most likely have tried the same steps listed on our help page. In my own opinion, they should not have been asking to take over your computer and they should have been explaining how it can be done. This is something that I can have fed back to this adviser if you are happy for me to?

Let me know how you get on with ordering our Premium Mail service and if you need my help.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Markusmaus
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

I tried ordering it online and it won't work, says "technical error" which is why I rang them up. They transferred me to the call centre in India and he was just reading a script, said the only way I could get it was for him to access my computer, which I'm not happy with them doing.

I'm happy for you to feed it back
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Thanks for confirming that @Markusmaus.

I'll need your details to get this fed back and to help you get the Premium Mail service set up. To get in touch with us, click on my user name and then on contact the mods. You'll need to change from mobile view to full site view to see it.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Markusmaus
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Hi, I've just filled in the details on the form

SarahJo226
Message 7 of 10

Hi, I am having the same problem. Can’t set up from myBT page. Indian call centre tried to remotely access my computer also so I ended the call. All services cancelled now. Just want the premium mail before I lose my email! Not sure what to do next as customer services useless!!
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Hi @SarahJo226,

I'm sorry that you haven't been able to do it through MyBT. Can you try it through the following page?

Premium Mail Order

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
SarahJo226
Message 9 of 10

Hi Daniel

Thanks for replying. This doesn’t work either. Just says contact customer services and after a 40 minute wait....I’m back to the Indian call centre!! Can’t seem to get anyone to help me with this!
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Thanks @SarahJo226.

The Premium Mail contact number is 0808 100 6778.  They're open 9am to 9pm Monday to Friday, and 9am to 6.30pm on both Saturday and Sunday.

If you still have trouble, after talking to them on that number, please let me know and I'll see if there's anything that we can do to help you.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings