cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GailH
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Premium Mail

I recently moved house but didn't keep my BT broadband etc as the new house is still under contract with another provider.  However, I would like to upgrade my email to Premium in order to keep my email live.  I've tried now for 2 weeks to set up payment for this.  Phoning, just gets me put on line for over an hour and then passed to another department, then given another number only to be put back in the same loop again.  Online chat only gives me a number and loop I've been in before and trying to upgrade direct online gives me the following message:    

Sorry...

We can't place your order to move to BT Premium Mail as you're already a BT Broadband customer with free email.

If you need further help with this, please call us on 0800 800 150, Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturdays and Sundays 9am to 6pm.

How do I get to speak to someone who can help me complete the process?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Premium Mail

Is the broadband contract at your new house in your name or the previous owner's name. If it is still in the previous owner's name it could cause you problems when you try to get your own contract.

As regards BT Premium Email, in case you are nor aware, your email account will not be stopped when you stop your BTBroadband. The email account will be downgraded to the free BT Basic Email. This keeps your email account but it can only be accessed using a web browser and not be email clients/apps.

See Link.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/bt-email-products

If you still want BT Premium Email you should have been offered this via your MyBT when you stopped your BT Broadband.

See Link.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/bt-premium-mail/what-is-premium-email-and-how-do-i-get-it-

There is a phone number to call in this link should you need further assistance.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

You don't need to actually upgrade to premium mail in order to keep your email address. As long as you are happy to just use webmail and not a mail client or mail app on a mobile, your address will just revert to basic mail.

Typing as @gg30340 posted.

0 Ratings
GailH
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

I do want the Premium and have tried that number many times, only to be put on hold, eventually transferred, but then put back on hold or transferred to the previous number so ending up in the same loop. If only it was a simple as the website suggests ...
0 Ratings
GailH
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I want to access my mail via my phone and ipad without going through webmail
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Try calling 0800.800.030 who are dealing with renewals. They may be able to assist because you had an BT Broadband account and the email will be linked to that.

0 Ratings