Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Thompson218
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 59

BT Rejecting Email

Go to solution

At we work we have become aware of a problem with BT rejecting email as spam. We have tested by sending from several domains to personal BT email accounts and all get undeliverables and something about the message looking like spam.

Anyone aware of what's wrong and what the timeline is for resolution please?

0 Ratings
58 REPLIES
Pleshey02
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 59

Re: BT Rejecting Email

Go to solution

I have just started to encounter this issue as well from ~13.45 today ... with emails being rejected from senders with whom I have had an active email correspondence over days/weeks/months (they have even texted me telling me about the problem) ...... and one appearing in my spam folder from a person with whom I have regular email exchanges.  Email sender received the following reply from BT:  

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<XXXXXX@btinternet.com>:

554: Message rejected on 2017/09/15 14:59:09 BST: Policy (1.7.1.1) message looks like SPAM. Guide for bulk senders www.bt.com/bulksender

--- Below this line is a copy of the message. 

Please could BT comment on what has changed with their spam filters today, or whether there is an issue?  Thank you.

0 Ratings
Bobcat1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 59

Go to solution

Exactly the same thing is happening to me.

And they're telling me the complaint is in a queue and I have to wait 24 hours for it to be resolved.

Have they any idea how important emails are to people's lives nowadays?

I have spoken to three different people in three different departments and not one asked me what was the header of the rejected emails.

They were defensive and rude.

Good work BT!! 

0 Ratings
ridware
Beginner
Message 4 of 59

Go to solution

SAME PROBLEM HERE      NOT GOOD ENOUGH BT

0 Ratings
Bobcat1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 59

Go to solution

Does anyone from BT actually read this forum or are we just here to let off steam?

They never admit they're wrong, spend (our) millions on advertising what a great service they provide and do the precise opposite.

This (rejecting legitimate emails as spam) is beyond infuriating and a breach of contract.

Do something BT!!! 

0 Ratings
ridware
Beginner
Message 6 of 59

Go to solution

im seriously thinking about dumping BT

0 Ratings
ridware
Beginner
Message 7 of 59

Go to solution

IM NOT GETTING ANY EMAILS IN MY SPAM FOLDER EITHER IN OUTLOOK OR ON THE BY SERVER

IM ONLY AWARE OF ISSUE BECAUSE SEVERAL PEOPLE TEXTED ME TO SAY THEIR EMAILS REJECTED AS SPAM !!!!!

NOT GOOD AT ALL

SO ILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MESSAGES IM MISSING UNLESS BT SOMEHOW ARE STORING THESE MESSAGES UNTIL ISSUE RESOLVED

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 59

Go to solution

Here we go again.

This issue is reported every now and then, sometimes with different policy numbers.

Clearly it's not an end user/sender problem - despite any helpdesk supplied information.

The fact that a few folk have kindly reported this a about the same time indicates a server/anti-spam process either failing, overloaded or simply been set-up incorrectly.

I repeat my previous comment

Are you reading this BTMail team?

Please fix the system. You are causing huge problems for both senders and receivers.

0 Ratings
ridware
Beginner
Message 9 of 59

Go to solution

I mailshotted one of my mailing lists asking them to email me

i got several replies straight away , so  its not affecting ALL incoming mail

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 59

Go to solution

@Bobcat1 wrote:

Does anyone from BT actually read this forum or are we just here to let off steam?

They never admit they're wrong, spend (our) millions on advertising what a great service they provide and do the precise opposite.

This (rejecting legitimate emails as spam) is beyond infuriating and a breach of contract.

Do something BT!!! 

Hi, welcome to the forums.

BT moderators read and post in these forums, however the people that should be explaining themselves (the BTMail team) do not. A few months back one such person did for a very short time, but has since gone.

0 Ratings