cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Spam Filter

Over the past couple of weeks I have been experiencing issues with sending out emails through Outlook to a group email distribution list.

I run a local club and around 9 people use BTInternet.com as their email address.   All has been going OK for the past few years until as mentioned the past couple of weeks I am getting the bounce back below.

This is causing major issues for me in communicating with the club membership.   Can someone please clarify.

sa-prd-rgin-006.btmx-prd.synchronoss.net gave this error:
Remote server returned message detected as spam -> 554 Message rejected on 2023/07/17 20:40:10 BST, policy (3.2.1.1) ID (647541BA081FDBF9) - Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Spam Filter

When you say Outlook is that the email client Outlook or the Microsoft email service Outlook.com?

Which email service are you using?

If you are using your or the clubs own domain it may be that the email server that your are using has been "black listed"  by BT because it has been used for sending out spam. It may be the case that if you turn off your router for about half an hour when you turn it back on it will have been issued with a new IP address and it is connected to a different email server.

See link abut best practice and it may be the case that you will need to contact the BT Postmaster and advise him of your problem.

BT Email - best practices for postmasters and senders of email | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the reply back.

The club doesn’t have it owns email account.  I’m using outlook.com as the email service.

I have used outlook for the club now for 8 years and it’s never caused any issues until the past couple of weeks.

I’ll turn of my router in for 30 minutes to assign a new IP address.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Still the same issue tonight even though I turned off my router for 30 minutes last night to be issued with a new IP address.

Still getting the same message.

sa-prd-rgin-018.btmx-prd.synchronoss.net rejected your message to the following email addresses

Becoming very frustrating now.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

For testing purposes are you able to send an individual email to the recipients rather than having them in a group email? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

I can confirm that I send individually to recipients.   

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Perhaps I hadn't made my question clear. When you send an email individually to the BT recipients does it send without problem and do they receive it OK?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I appear to have solved this same issue (same error code) for ourselves by editing the email signature used, 

A new signature was created in outlook fresh using the normal Outlook signature creation window, emails would send correctly with just 'First Name' as a signature but get rejected with 'First Name' (Return key to next line) 'First Name Last Name'

In the end, I just used a free signature creation tool to generate one and now all emails appear to be accepted. 

Hope this helps your situation. 

0 Ratings