cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 191 of 358

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

Thanks, Nick.

My problem continues to be when composing or replying to emails: just a three-line letterbox screen to type in.

Browser:  Standard Firefox; version 126.0 (64 bit)

Operating system: Windows 10 Home 22H2  OS build 19045.4291

bt.com/mail/index-rui.jsp?v=ci-MX_3.5.0#/mail

0 Ratings
Message 192 of 358

Or ... How many time zones do BT servers inhabit?
0 Ratings
Message 193 of 358

@NickBS 

I’ve still not seen anything from you regarding the repeated need to sign-in to webmail and the fact that the sign-in process is more long-winded than it used to be.

I do get the impression that you are ignoring this issue.

Message 194 of 358

@RichardHaselgrovewrote:
Or ... How many time zones do BT servers inhabit?

@RichardHaselgrove If your cryptic post refers to message 190, BT would have to write some clever code to store all my emails on different servers and only show them when the server time meshed with the elapsed time measured by my watch. And laptop. And clock. Such genius is possible I suppose ... but, more prosaically, I kept a close watch whilst scooting round doing other things, and the time shown is more or less the time I saw the mail. 

0 Ratings
Message 195 of 358

splitting words in text still happening - making reading some emails very annoying
Message 196 of 358

Thanks for rechecking all of these - i've have logged them all with the email team for a response.

Yours is included @Jetta68 - but could you confirm your webmail version? It'll be the numbers in the URL/address bar.  

0 Ratings
Message 197 of 358

I am using email.bt.com/mail/index-rui.jsp?v=ci-MX_3.5.0#/mail

not sure if this is the latest, but it is still intermittently wrapping the text back to the start of the mail - keeps logging out as well. This is getting very tiresome.

Message 198 of 358

This is a curious series of reports. I am also using MX_3.5.0, but I am NOT experiencing these random logouts.

I have a sneaking suspicion that they may be more related to the nature, speed, and reliability of our various internet connections. I have a BT-provided FFTC connection (with VOIP landline), and my habit is to logon in the morning and leave that browser tab open until bedtime, and concentrate on other tabs unless I see a new mail notification. That connection has been reliably stable, and the BT system has - thanks goodness - stopped asking me to solve the American transportation Captchas.

I also occasionally log on to email from other machines in the house, and log off again by closing the browser app completely when I've finished. That doesn't interfere with the primary logon at all.

@NickBS - does that sound plausible? It might be helpful to ask users with specific problems to give details of their various connections, like the VPN discussion yesterday.

0 Ratings
Message 199 of 358

@NickBS 

MX_2.33.0

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 200 of 358

@RichardHaselgrove  I never get logged out either, unless I close my browser. It also 'remembers' my login details.

0 Ratings