cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 371 of 406

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

Great! Thank you Shaun
0 Ratings
Message 372 of 406

Point taken @Stephen5000 . If the delayed typing problem occurs for some addresses and not others on the same hardware/software/ISP connection, this certainly suggests that there's some different infrastructure involved further up the line which is dependant on the actual e-mail address.

I know nothing about e-mail management system they are currently using. They used to use Yahoo servers in the past as you may recall and have taken many many years to transition everybody to the new in-house (if that is what it is) system - I don't know if this has been completed even today as BT were remarkably quite about the whole exercise.  And I don't know the architecture - I suppose there may well be multiple servers at the back end to distribute the load.

It would be nice if a BT technician could comment on this.

0 Ratings
Message 373 of 406

@ShaunOMwrote:

Point taken @Stephen5000 . If the delayed typing problem occurs for some addresses and not others on the same hardware/software/ISP connection, this certainly suggests that there's some different infrastructure involved further up the line which is dependant on the actual e-mail address.

I know nothing about e-mail management system they are currently using. They used to use Yahoo servers in the past as you may recall and have taken many many years to transition everybody to the new in-house (if that is what it is) system - I don't know if this has been completed even today as BT were remarkably quite about the whole exercise.  And I don't know the architecture - I suppose there may well be multiple servers at the back end to distribute the load.

It would be nice if a BT technician could comment on this.

Aahhh... Yahoo, yep, the good old days. Even before that in 1992 when I 1st used, 'talk21' email, it was owned/run by Sky, and was fault free...

0 Ratings
Message 374 of 406

The wandering cursor seems to be worse today.  It is hard to anticipate where it will start typing!

Message 375 of 406

The jumping cursor issue is really annoying.  

Also equally annoying is all the random timeout issues I get like this:

pgarriock_0-1718873003034.png

Message 376 of 406

...and whatever this means is equally annoying:

pgarriock_0-1718873500695.png

0 Ratings
Message 377 of 406

Re: Typing an email cursor keeps moving randomly to start and missing out letters

Thankyou @ShaunOM I have now resolved my problem using Thunderbird. I discovered by chance that it only didn't work when I was using my VPN. If I turn that off I can reply with no prblems using Thunderbird. Maybe that could help someone else. It seems that a lot of issues are in fact resolved by trial and error and chance.

0 Ratings
Message 378 of 406

Re: Typing an email cursor keeps moving randomly to start and missing out letters

It's STILL wrapping text, in fact it seems to be doing it worse than before. 4139.tmp.jpg

Message 379 of 406

A new one on me.

I was typing a technical bug report , and I wanted to refer to some files with long and complicated file names as "_24.zip" and "_out.zip" for ease of reading.

The first underscore appeared as a text character in the mail composition window, but when I typed the second, the first one disappeared!

Questions:
1) Why does underscore appear to be a special character?
2) What would it mean, in this context?
3) Can we allow it in the body of an email, please?

0 Ratings
Message 380 of 406

My problem.  Having read a few emails and done the usual replied, deleted, moved some the program hangs and I cannot do anything except close the program and re-open it.  This works for another little while and then same thing and I need to keep closing the program and re-opening it.  

My BT version is 3.5.0
Google Chrome version 126.0.6478.114
Windows 11 version 23HZ

0 Ratings