cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 411 of 450

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

Nothing new there. It has been happening to me very occasionally for years. Usually affecting a really regular correspondent.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 412 of 450

@Speedway1 wrote:

Since the new webmail was introduced, when creating a message, I am now unable to expand to full screen.

I am using the latest version of Windows 10

Regards,  John

Drag the corner of your browser to the corners of your screen then close and re open the browser.

0 Ratings
Message 413 of 450

Hi, this morning I have found that my inbox is only showing two weeks worth of emails and there is no mechanism for showing more.  If I reverse the sort it shows two weeks from the oldest email.  I contacted BT who said I needed to use Microsoft Edge but it was exactly the same.  I need to access older emails for work, this is a disaster.

Message 414 of 450

My problems with the new BT email have been ongoing months.  (I can't now search my email's at all to find out when it started as the system times out before I find the emails I'm looking for).  I am no techie and this is affecting my sanity. I am trying to do my annual accounts and need to search emails.

Do I have an even more advanced version it seems to be 3.6 and others are talking about 3.5?

https://web.email.bt.com/mail/index-rui.jsp?v=ci-MX_3.6.0#/mail

My browser is Firefox recently updated I don't know number.

Where can I find my operating system?

Issues

When trying to delete emails - I never know how many I can tick before the system takes me into one of the emails and loses the 'ticks' on previous emails so I have to start again.  Sometimes this happens after 3 emails ticked for deletion, sometime after 7 and sometimes after 1.  The emails I need to delete are backing up.  With the previous programme I could do at least 15 at a time no problem.

As mentioned above- for the last 4 weeks I have been unable to search on emails in my inbox by name of recipient.  System times out before bringing me a result.

0 Ratings
Message 415 of 450

@Mushroomwrote:

My problems with the new BT email have been ongoing months.  (I can't now search my email's at all to find out when it started as the system times out before I find the emails I'm looking for).  I am no techie and this is affecting my sanity. I am trying to do my annual accounts and need to search emails.

Do I have an even more advanced version it seems to be 3.6 and others are talking about 3.5?

https://web.email.bt.com/mail/index-rui.jsp?v=ci-MX_3.6.0#/mail

My browser is Firefox recently updated I don't know number.

Where can I find my operating system?

You have a newer version - it certainly isn't more advanced!

In FireFox, hit the 'help' tab and click on, 'about' that'll confirm your version no.

0 Ratings
Message 416 of 450

@heather6 I have the exact same issue, only the email I need is health critical.
Just when I thought BT couldn't make its email system any worse...
0 Ratings
Message 417 of 450

Oh great, the 'next' & 'previous' email arrows have disappeared too.
This is a joke.
0 Ratings
Message 418 of 450

You gotta wonder why BT don't just buy a proven off the shelf email system and simply rebrand it, like they did with the previous Yahoo system.

All these continuing faults are soul destroying for it's users, and I'm sure the BT email team must be overwhelmed on how bad a system they have actually released...

Message 419 of 450

Other experts have recommended using another email such as Thunderbird or EMClient and when I investigate these  the reviews say they are designed for people who art tech savy - and that is not me.  I'm so sorry to hear that you are having problems tracking down your own emails related to your health.  This is just not good enough and I am going to complain to Ofcom.  Maybe it is a plan to have us have a 'nervous breakdown' part of the Agenda 2030???

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 420 of 450

@Mushroom 

Thunderbird and eM Client are not "another" email. Thunderbird and eM Client are what are known as email clients or email apps. You are still using your BTMail account. You are only accessing it in a different way.

I have no idea what reviews you were reading but I can assure you that Thunderbird and eMClient do not require you to be "tech savy" to download, install and start using either of them.

If you use your email on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet and are not logging on using a web browser you will most likely already be using an email client/app.

It will take a non techy computer user about 5 minutes to be up and running. They both have an automated set up which only requires you to enter your email address and password and if offered a choice of IMAP or POP3, select IMAP.

Your BTMail webmail will still continue to work . It is not a case of you only being able to use one or the other.   

If you find that you don't like using which ever one you chose to install you can always uninstall it and just continue using the useless BTMail webpage.