cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 91 of 952

New format email

The new email format is a complete and utter, totally unacceptable, disaster. I use webmail all the time and it simply doesn't work. All those on the new format should be immediately switched back to the old version. This new version should be scrapped.

The default font is miniscule, the only acceptable font is too large and it keeps reverting back to the default. When typing, the cursor keeps jumping up to the beginning of the text, and in the default font, so that one has to manually delete that and get back to where it should be. I have added attachments and then just watched them disappear. Emails I have sent have been garbled by the system showing all the extraneous nonsense. 

Whoever is responsible for designing and implementing this system did not know what they were doing. Could BT please  explain what they are going to do as a matter of urgency.  

Message 92 of 952

Re: New format email

I have big issues trying to read emails on my Android mobile.

Some messages are completely unreadable, text wider than the small window, massive icons for pictures and links.

Some messages have the icons for reply, delete etc disappearing.

Looks like I'll be finding a proper email reader for my mobile.

Disappointing given that I'm paying quite a lot for what I hoped was a premium service.

0 Ratings
Message 93 of 952

Re: New format email

I should have added that my experience is in Microsoft Edge which I always use. The font seems different in Chrome

0 Ratings
Message 94 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

Designed by children !!!!!!!!!

Put it back how it was BT

Message 95 of 952

Hate it..... apart from the layout being horrible, if you delete some messages when you go back the ones you left are shown as going to be deleted which if you dont notice then it deletes them!

0 Ratings
Message 96 of 952

Overnight, the mail has turned into a clunky, less secure service.

Used to be able to check the source of dodgy looking e-mails, without opening them.

Now, as soon as you tick the box, the mail opens and any dodgy payload is ready to download.

Why, do they have to spoil what was working just fine.

0 Ratings
Message 97 of 952

I totally agree with this comment on possible spam. Clicking the box opens the email.

Also I have not been able to print an email . An email I wanted to print has still not loaded a preview after 1 hour 

0 Ratings
Message 98 of 952

@Toku-Floyd wrote:

Overnight, the mail has turned into a clunky, less secure service. No it's not.

Used to be able to check the source of dodgy looking e-mails, without opening them.  Yes you can, see below.

Now, as soon as you tick the box, the mail opens and any dodgy payload is ready to download. Don't click on the box because that selects the email. Just hover your mouse just below the senders name and it will show you the full email address.

Why, do they have to spoil what was working just fine.

0 Ratings
Message 99 of 952

@Garry2 

See message 98 re checking email address before opening.

0 Ratings
Message 100 of 952

@BobEw wrote:

Hate it..... apart from the layout being horrible, if you delete some messages when you go back the ones you left are shown as going to be deleted which if you dont notice then it deletes them!

The emails you go back to are not showing they are going to be deleted. They can not be deleted unless you have ticked the box to select the email and then select the delete option. 

What I suspect is happening is that you must have the box "view next mail after delete/move" ticked in the settings.  Untick the box and it will not select the next email.

0 Ratings