cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 651 of 952

Re: Are you unhappy with the new version of email on PC or is it just me?

Thanks, I was searching email and not webmail. I hope they do indeed listen and come up with a better platform solution for PC users (assuming I am not in the minority of course) 

Message 652 of 952

I agree, it is not as user friendly, the right hand side of the email isn’t visible and I can’t minimise the email folders on the left.
0 Ratings
Message 653 of 952

No AlanB you are clearly not alone in your negative view of the new email format! I have also been with BT since the nineties and this new email format is more than a backward step, it's a diabolical insult to all of us who pay good money for what is supposed to be a quality product! Apart from the childish design, my main criticism is that emails are now difficult to read due to broken words at line breaks. I wish this had come to light before I renewed my contract as I would now no longer be a BT customer.

Message 654 of 952

Re: Latest incarnation of BT Webmail. Jeez, this is BAD

Given that one major problem has been known from the beginning, namely that autosave makes the cursor jump back to the start of your draft message, I would have though that by now BT programmers would have found out why that happens and have fixed it. So why haven't they? (I ask, speaking as a retired IT project manager who worked on systems much bigger and more complex than BT email).

Message 655 of 952

Stepping aside from the various web mail issues, i wonder why BT thought they needed a 'up/downgrade in the first place, web mail is just a tool, does not have to look wizzbang , it has to function, Version improvement and bugs are better done in small incremental changes to the software, with a small group of testing users , this recent tsunami of code from what looks like a cheap sw contractor has probably been hailed by some manager as a huge success. As BT are pretty much a closed shop when it comes to complaints.   

Message 656 of 952

To get this huge problem sorted, I've written to the Digital Director of BT today, and have told him that I'm posting a copy here. Let's see if BT senior Directors can help us. My motto is start courteously and work through he gears if nothing happens.

Let's hope...

Message 657 of 952

Well said Dragoncard. Here’s hoping!

Problem No 38 or even No39 - what happened to the spellchecker - if there was a spelling mistake you could highlight the word and options for alternatives would appear - a useful feature, please restore.

0 Ratings
Message 658 of 952

Spellchecker hasn't been a function of the email system for many years. Spellchecking is a browser function.

0 Ratings
Message 659 of 952

All I can say is that using the new BT system, it no longer works!

0 Ratings
Message 660 of 952

It does for me using Firefox with Windows 11.

Are you using a Mac? There was a post recently with spellchecking not working using a Mac

0 Ratings