cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 661 of 952

Re: Latest incarnation of BT Webmail. Jeez, this is BAD

I am using a brand new Win11 computer with Firefox and it is no longer working.
Message 662 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

Some of the emails I send when replying to an email, get caught up by the 'postmaster' and mixed with loads of data, which makes them illegible for the recipient; when composing, the font changes size as I move down to the next line, or my writing suddenly jumps to the beginning of the email.

This has happened on my PC and my new laptop.

It has made writing emails a long, frustrating process, plus not knowing if the recipient is going to receive one of the illegible unprofessional emails.

Are there any fixes for these issues?

0 Ratings
Message 663 of 952

Re: Are you unhappy with the new version of email on PC or is it just me?

I agree with you this is a massive retrogressive step.

The slowness of the download drives me crazy.

The light and bold of the messages means that it is difficult to identify what I have read and not read.

Now I also get some messages that are illegible and I have to logoff and logon to see if it will reveal the the subject of the message. The slow speed makes this a real waste of time

Its terrible but unfortunately like you I have mine for  so long that to change my email now would be a nightmare.

Why, why did BT do this to its loyal customers???

Message 664 of 952

@Lindmann wrote:

Its terrible but unfortunately like you I have mine for  so long that to change my email now would be a nightmare.

You don't have to change your email address, simply change the way you access it.

If you download and install a free mail client such as Thunderbird (https://www.thunderbird.net/en-GB/) or EmClient (https://www.emclient.com/),  choose IMAP when prompted and enter your email address and password all your woes will disappear.

Message 665 of 952

Helpful advice.

0 Ratings
Message 666 of 952

Re: Latest incarnation of BT Webmail. Jeez, this is BAD

@RogerH27 wrote:
I am using a brand new Win11 computer with Firefox and it is no longer working.

As has been pointed out, the spell check is not part of BTMail nor was it part of the previous incarnation. It is a part of your browser's functions.

Have you checked that you have the spell checker function turned on and that there is a dictionary installed. To check if it is turned on select a text box then right click and it should show a tick beside the "Check Spelling". 

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-use-firefox-spell-checker

Message 667 of 952

I would not describe my feelings as unhappy, just more like 'come on BT ' how long have you been an email service provider.. This is not good enough, take a look at the price increase banner from BT I had today ...

Think BT should pay us for the testing, reporting and scratching heads .

Have I read that correctly below  "Brilliant connection ". "Best possible products"

This is a screen shot .jpg picture.

trulywonderful.jpg 

Message 668 of 952

cant stand it , its utter rubbish 

Message 669 of 952

Is anyone on this thread on a 'rolling contract'? 

I.E. not tied to 24 months. 

0 Ratings
Message 670 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

Received an email which is displayed with the text split in the middle of words. Known problem?
0 Ratings