cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 131 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

BT Webmail Feedback

My email format changed yesterday on my laptop. Now I cannot type and email without the cursor continually jumping to the start and the font changing size.

I have checked that my browser is up to date and that it meets the new requirements. I have tried a different browser. I rang the helpline to be told that no one else has these problems and that they will simply 'tell the offline team'. 

This urgently needs to be fixed.

Message 132 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

As I said in my original post, exactly the same problem I have. Microsoft Edge and webmail. The cursor jumps back to the beginning while typing and reverts to small font. This is clearly a problem and indicates that testing has been completely inadequate. It would be helpful to hear from BT what they are currently doing to sort this mess out.

Message 133 of 952

Re: new email

Below is a list of ‘failings’ that I am now experiencing:

• The loading of emails is much slower than before the change.
  • Why do I have to experience adverts for things I don’t want, like sport on TV?
  • Before the change, I could highlight an email and simply drag it across the screen to drop it into another folder, whereas now, I have to go through the drop down menu that seems to stay open for only a second or two.
  • Why are there pointless colours against the initials of an email sender?
  • Why can’t I opt to stay with things as they were before the change?

Finally, I see no improvement in the system, I rather think it has gone backwards, and to me it is change for the sake of change. Why can't I revert to the previous view?

Message 134 of 952

I experience none of these failings.....oh wait, that's because I don't use webmail, I use the right tool for the job, a mail client.

Try Thunderbird and you'll never look back. https://www.thunderbird.net/en-GB/

Message 135 of 952

@virollet786 wrote:

Below is a list of ‘failings’ that I am now experiencing:

• The loading of emails is much slower than before the change. Try clearing your browsers history and cookies.
  • Why do I have to experience adverts for things I don’t want, like sport on TV? Because it is BT's email system and they want to promote their other products.
  • Before the change, I could highlight an email and simply drag it across the screen to drop it into another folder, whereas now, I have to go through the drop down menu that seems to stay open for only a second or two. You can still drag and drop. Tick the box to the left of the email, which means that email has been selected, then drag and drop. If you want to drag and drop more than one email tick the box beside the emails you want to move then drag and drop one of the emails you have selected and the rest will follow.
  • Why are there pointless colours against the initials of an email sender? You can turn of the "coloured" squares by going into the settings found by clicking on your username at the top right then click on settings then Mail in the left hand column then untick the box "show avatar in the message list".

• Why can’t I opt to stay with things as they were before the change? Because BT have updated their email system. They can not do that and keep all of the previous versions available for customers to pick and choose which one they would like. That would be totally impractical.

Finally, I see no improvement in the system, I rather think it has gone backwards, and to me it is change for the sake of change. Why can't I revert to the previous view? As per the previous answer.

0 Ratings
Message 136 of 952

How patronising. Webmail is a BT offering and should work in an acceptable way
0 Ratings
Message 137 of 952

My reply was to licquorice

0 Ratings
Message 138 of 952

@johnofkent 

To what message are you directing your reply to.

EDIT: Posts crossed.

0 Ratings
Message 139 of 952

@johnofkent wrote:
How patronising. Webmail is a BT offering and should work in an acceptable way

But it doesn't and never will. Browsers are designed for web browsing, not email.

0 Ratings
Message 140 of 952

Re: New format email

I have all these problems too. Having adjusted the text size I've Just spent a very frustrating hour trying to type an email whilst the text kept jumping up to the start. I feel sure it's missing and shifting letters as I type, too, as I've had no problem typing here.  Dreadful. The system is not fit for purpose. Come on BT get it fixed ASAP.

Operating system is MS Edge, fully up to date, by the way. 

0 Ratings