cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 291 of 952

Re: Customers treated like pests

Set the email client up as IMAP and it will synch all folders on all devices.

Message 292 of 952

@RichardHaselgrove 

I use Blue Mail on an Android mobile, Outlook 2010 on a Windows desktop and Thunderbird on a Linux laptop. All folders are perfectly in sync.

The reason I keep pushing folks to use a mail client is not arrogance, it is the far better way to deal with email rather than rely on a flaky webmail system that changes with the weather at the whim of the website designer.

Message 293 of 952

You can use what you like but please stop repeating the same boring mantra. Those commenting on this thread want Webmail fixed. It has not been a flaky system at all for 20 years but is, overnight, screwed up. If all you can do is to try to impose your own working habit on others it would be better if you went to another thread completely.  

0 Ratings
Message 294 of 952

You are totally missing the point, but never mind. Carry on using a system that is totally broken with no prospect of being fixed. I'll continue to offer good advice that you can ignore.

I am not trying to impose my working methods,  I am offering a solution.

Message 295 of 952

@johnofkent wrote:

It has not been a flaky system at all for 20 years but is, overnight, screwed up. 

I guess you never used the last version of BTMail when it was first introduced to replace the BTYahoo email system or if you did you must have a short memory!

0 Ratings
Message 296 of 952

Re: BT E Mail - Recent Changes

Can anyone assist please. I am experiencing problems when opening emails. The problem existing mainly with emails opened that are presented as an advert.

It appears that the page width of opened email is to narrow hence the text is wrapped, for example: -

You recently received a letter to let you know all about Staysure's award-winning travel i

nsurance.

If you’re planning your next holiday, or perhaps you already have a trip booked, don’t fo

rget your travel insurance!

Any ideas on a fix please.

0 Ratings
Message 297 of 952

@STUGH707 

There is a problem with word wrapping that BT are aware of.

As a work around are you viewing the email webpage with a full screen or is it minimised. If it is minimised try clicking on the full screen box beside the X at the top of the web page to maximise the webpage view.

Also try setting the webpage zoom to 100% if it is not already set to that.

Message 298 of 952

Having completed the suggested fixes I can report that neither have adjusted or removed the wrapped text.

Will await BT to fix the problem rather than "a work around".

Thanks for your input.

0 Ratings
Message 299 of 952

In an email from this message board timed at 13/02/2024 16:13, I see:

RichardHaselgrove_0-1707851761170.png

Clicking on the link, I get:

RichardHaselgrove_1-1707851838154.png

'nuff said.

0 Ratings
Message 300 of 952

@RichardHaselgrove 

As per message 260 however on this occasion the message was removed from this thread by @licquorice to another part of the forum that users do not have access to. 

0 Ratings