cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 701 of 952

Re: Change to login screen

@PeterE17 I think you meant me rather than NeilO !!

Anyway, I think having to login more securely, each time I open a browser (I do that anyway), is more preferable to my email being compromised by someone.

Message 702 of 952

Notifications from this message board

While we're having a Monday morning moan, can I mention the email notifications we receive from this message board?

The BT email software seems to make it impossible to capture them as text, so this is (very carefully) re-keyed from the last one I received:

You got a mention - Hello RichardHaselgrove, if !mso] endif]> PeterE17 mentioned you

That looks like a horrible typo in the script - I don't know a single programming or scripting language that would allow two isolated closing square brackets like that.

0 Ratings
Message 703 of 952

Re: Are you unhappy with the new version of email on PC or is it just me?

Very unhappy, lots of issues.

I wonder if it was created by that infamous company whose name starts with an F
Message 704 of 952

And today, even though I have 'allow all images' checked, guess what - it's not showing images & the only way to get them is to click on 'show image' on each email.  And I can re-do 'allow all images' because the save button is greyed out.

This is getting worse, not better!

Message 705 of 952

Re: Change to login screen

@neilg40 ang @NeilO My apologies ... 

Message 706 of 952

@Groo. . . ditto; I SOMETIMES have this issue, but not for a few days now!

Message 707 of 952

I still have the same issue, even though I get a "saved successfully" message the next time I log in the pictures are no longer visible.

I think I saw a comment that you also need to make a change to the settings on your device for the change to take place. Cannot remember where now (sorry).

Message 708 of 952

So rather than just be a Keyboard warrior I took the trouble to ring up and chat to a nice Irish BT guide last night and raise my issues with the new system as a proper  complaint. They were very good and noted it all down. I did stress how unahappy I was (in a polite way). 

I woke up to an email telling me:-

Thanks for getting in touch with us recently. We've now closed your complaint. 
Sorry again about the issues you've had. If you need to talk more about your complaint, or you're not happy with how we handled it, please give us a call.
Thanks,
BT Customer Support - Please don't reply to this email as we won't see it.

Not sure what to make of that or why BT just closed my complaint with no tangible feedback? Now I am more a keyboard worrier as I suffer the new Webmail.

Message 709 of 952

@TheAlanB Yes, this seems to be standard BT help line practice - I had it last year with an unconnected issue.  Mine was serious enough to have to call back several times: I recall that they did have a record of my previous "chats", and in the end I did get a successful resolution!

Message 710 of 952

I have tried emailing to customer service today ..... if that fails it will be time to get the recorded delivery wet pen out..... 

0 Ratings