Did you mean: 
B3rnie
Message 1 of 21

BT Wi-fi Status - Not Active on Home Hub

Go to solution

I have already opted in for BT Wi-Fi.

BT broadband option:BT Infinity Option 2
BT Wi-fi community status:Opted In

This was 2 weeks ago, but my home hub is still saying it's not active.

BT Wi-fi Status:Not active on your BT Home Hub

Today, following instructions from your site, I reset my hub, then I opted-out of BT Wifi then back in again, to see if this remedied the situation.  So far nothing has changed.  I need this to be working by this Saturday 27 July, as I am going to be taking my daughter away and she is very grumpy without some entertainment.  When child is grumpy this makes stressed/grumpy adult.

20 REPLIES 20
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 21

Re: BT Wi-fi Status - Not Active on Home Hub

Go to solution
all you can do is wait now for the hub to update and turn BT WiFi on
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution

enter email and see if active  https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/status.do?s_cid=con_FURL_btfon/status

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
B3rnie
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

It says my account is active on the BT Wi-fi site, just that my hub is not active for wifi.  It's been like that since I joined BT over 2 weeks ago.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

as long as active on website then you will be able to connect to btwifi when out and about - hub will catch up

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
B3rnie
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

No, I've tried to connect while out and it didn't get a connection.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

did you select a bt broadband customer and use the primary btinternet address and password?  only primary works no sub accounts

0 Ratings
B3rnie
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution
Yes, I am using the primary email and password for account.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

don't know whether you have read the 'stickies' help at top of boards  http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Out-About/BT-Wi-Fi-issues/td-p/697978

what are you using - laptop smartphone or something else

0 Ratings
B3rnie
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

I'm trying to use an iPad.  

0 Ratings