Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 26

Re: BT Yahoo Disposable Address

Go to solution

... but the button to Add a new one to my BT account is greyed out.  All I can do is edit the sending name and description of existing ones.

Thanks to BT removing the Flickr account I had to have an entirely different Yahoo email account for that, and the button to add a new disposable email account is working perfectly in that account. I don't get signed out of that every 20 minutes either.

BT keep making things difficult.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 26

Go to solution

It’s already been announced they are in the process of removing this feature

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/57486/~/disposable-email-addresses-in-bt-yahoo-mail

It was  removed in BT Mail completely this year so very likely BT Yahoo will follow soon.

So stop using them as soon as you can as the less you rely on it, less your pain when it will be gone.

Not a matter of If but when...

0 Ratings
winner6060
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 26

Go to solution

'So stop using them as soon as you can as the less you rely on it, less your pain when it will be gone.'

Pain? For customers who have paid to use BT services for decades - I sincerely hope not!

I personally have never received any notification from BT via email or letter to inform me personally that the disposable email service I have used for over 1 decade will be removed.

As a paying customer of BT for many, many years, I want to know what does BT plan to do with the disposable email service for BT Yahoo email users, that I use and value? 

Can someone from BT please enlighten us on this forum what the plans are for BT Yahoo disposable email addresses exactly, so that we are not in for some 'pain,' and can act accordingly?

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 26

Go to solution

BT don’t comment on this forum.

You probably will get some notification when they intend to take action as I got an email about it for my BT Mail saying it’s going to be removed. Someone else has posted a copy of it earlier in the thread. I’m pointing out the intent to remove is already made public so you know now.

0 Ratings
winner6060
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 26

Go to solution

Can I ask how much notification time did you get before they removed the service? 

Even if BT don't comment on this forum, I would still like to know who I can contact at BT so that I can find out as a long standing customer, exactly what the plans are for BT Yahoo disposable email? Can moderators let me know who to contact on this issue?

As I have mentioned in earlier posts, my email is probably more important to me than my actual phone these days.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 26

Go to solution

An email was sent out on 21st August 2018 stating that from 25th September 2018 you would not be able to send from the disposable email addresses and that the service was stopping in January 2019 . 

When the time came, the disposable email accounts were deleted and there was no access to any of the emails related to the account. 

You should follow the advice given and start to move away from the BTYahoo disposable email address.

0 Ratings