cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

BT Yahoo Email Outlook aon an Android phone

I have been using Outlook (imap) to collect emails on my Android phone. Every few weeks it asks me to reenter the password, which in the past has got it working again.

This time it has not worked. I have the BT doc with the settings and entered them - without success. 

How do I enable the SSl encryption and Plain Authentication?

Is there an email client that does not loose passwords every few weeks - or is this a built in security feature?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Yahoo Email Outlook aon an Android phone

This problem has been going on for years for some users.

If you want to try a different app I use Aquamail and I find it meets all my needs.

There is a free version as well as the paid version. I have the paid version and it gets update regularly and has never caused me any problems. Having said that, I have never had any problems with any of the other email clients that I use on my other devices. 

The correct settings to use are here

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

You are best to set up any email client/app manually rather than letting the app do it automatically and by doing that you can ensure that all the correct settings are applied.

0 Ratings