cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Wise337
Message 1 of 3

BT Yahoo - Help!

I'm dreadfully sorry if this is the wrong thread for posting this type of question, but I really so need somebody to help me.

My BT Yahoo email account has been compromised, I followed all the precautions including setting ridiculously difficult new passwords. The account continues to send strange links to contacts and I'm sick of it. I've tried to contact BT Yahoo but nobody seems to be responsible for these accounts.

All I want is for the account to be permanently closed and deleted - apparently waiting so many days deactivates it but this hasn't worked and I can no longer wait as its still sending spam.

What should I do? Who should I contact? :o(
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Yahoo - Help!

If your account was compromised the hacker would have harvested all your contacts details. Once he has them there is no need for him/her to go back into your account. He has the list of contacts which he can now use when ever he wants. The hacker will now spoof your email address to make it look like the emails are being sent by you.

Deleting your account will make no difference as the emails are not coming from your account.

What you should do is set up a new email address and stop using the "hacked" account and advise all your contacts to delete any email that they may receive from that account and mark them as spam.

If you do set up a new email account you should use an email client such as Windows Live Mail or Thundrbird and store your contacts details on that. Do not store your contacts on the email server and that way if the account is hacked again the hacker can not get your contacts email addresses.

0 Ratings
Wise337
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Yahoo - Help!

I did a little research and discovered the origin of the spam for Jakarta, Indonesia. I tried contacting the respective authority but to no avail. I shall contact the recipients and acknowledge that I'm screwed.

Thank you for your prompt response.
0 Ratings