Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: BT Yahoo Mail Clients not woirking in Australia

Go to solution

I am having the same problem and have nearly exhausted all evenues. What is interesting is the BT tech support are saying there is no such block - I am also in Australia.

The most recent thing I have tried in conjunction with the tech support is changing the encryption from SLL to Auto. I have to be honest and say that I'm not confident it will work.

One thing I have found is that I can download emails to my mobile device via 4G but not wifi which supports the regional block theory.

-Good luck, if you find a fix please let us know!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution
Will do and good luck. I had the same fruitless waste of time with the Helpdesk. They were actually quite rude and said I would have to use a paid support service. An hour of my life I won't get back. The stock answer was change your password which is actually probably a really bad idea while trying to localise faults like this. Still what do I know with my 40 years in IT:-)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

Hi,

The password reset is requested to sync the password with the BT Mail and your Client servers. So, that is a primary requirement. And, that it is an online password reset which you try on a device yourself and not a Service Desk password reset as that will not work. Once, that is fixed ( I mean the password sync ), you are okay to try the email settings.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

Hi Ray

In my case I did do the password reset as requested and it did not have any effect.  I do not believe this issue is an Authentication problem, though without access to logs and some packet sniffing it is hard to tell.  If it is a comms issue the changing of a password could only serve to confuse the picture mid diagnosis.  Hence the comment. Password sync issues clearly could be remedied by propogation of a new password but this does not appear to be one.

Rob

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

This isn't a password issue, hence not anything to do with primary requirement. Why would a new password be required when not on the UK?

As has been said, it has sometimes worked for people, then not - others have no problems, and some have no access it seems.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

An email password will be required anywhere to access your email. It is a suggestion that you reset the password online to make sure that the password is in sync. As far as the email clients are concerned, if you can help yourself, no worries. It is a suggestion for folks you cannot help themselves and need assistance.

As the saying goes, never help people who can help themselves Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

Naturally a password is required for access, but I can't see why it needs a reset - and to be in sync with what?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution
With BT Mail and Client servers.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

It is normal that Authentication servers are federated in large deployments such as this. It is possible under some failures for them to become out of sync depending on the federation approach. This presumably is why they often recommend a reset, but as I said this does not appear to be a password sync issue and so changing the password would be counter productive as it introduces another variable into the equation.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

Who often recommends a reset?

How do the passwords become out of sync? What's this federation?

0 Ratings