Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AandB
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Yahoo Mail Group Contact Lists

Go to solution

I'm having a problem with my BT Yahoo Mail.  I have a contact group of 21 members set up.  I've added two members to the group using the contacts button (near settings) to the right of the new Yahoo mail interface but when I send the group an email and the contact list appears in a 'pop up' after clicking on 'To' in the email, then the new members are not included in the group even though they appear in the list to the right.  I've also set up two new groups and once again the pop up contact list does not match the list to the right.  I've tried using Chrome, Firefox, Edge and also on my ipad and none of them show the entire group or new groups I've set up,  I have reported to BT but I'm not confident they will resolve it.  Has anyone else experienced this and have a solution?  Thank you.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Yahoo Mail Group Contact Lists

Go to solution

This looks like a bug in the Yahoo interface - something BT does not have control of.

The To button popup has an issue where it  does not reflect correctly even though your newly added contacts are there.

Under Compose, rather than clicking on the To button, click on the white space next to it and if you type the first few letters of the contact or the List name, it should auto-fill and show you them where you can select. 

tbh this is much faster than clicking the To button.

AandB
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you New_to_UK, that's an excellent tip and certainly works.  It's a shame this wasn't mentioned by the BT Yahoo Mail help-desk when I was on the phone to them.   As you say, it's a quicker way to do it too. Thank you once again.

0 Ratings
OAP41
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

This is one of the best responses I have seen regarding the missing contact list, although does not totally resolve the issue., this not being criticism.

Many of the responses assume users are familiar with technology and are regular users, However, some of us are being forced into using computers etc, as this is the preferred method of communication these days. Sadly not all of us are techies.

My problems arose in the last 2 weeks, and I could not get a positive response from anywhere. As with other users, gaining access to "contacts " on left side of screen, the lists were only in part, but your advice solves the issue in part.

I did post an enquiry (under a different heading) but there was no response.

I note from the community website, and indeed google search which revealed this issue has been going on since last AUGUST.  The BT helpdesk advised to update MS Edge (which was already up to date) and the contacts list would work normally, which it did Not!

Seems they do not have a solution, other than what users work out themselves.

Again  thank you for your advice.

0 Ratings