Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
CPR

BT Yahoo Mail Service Transition

Hi,

I recently received an e-mail to some of my BT Yahoo mail accounts noting that they will soon be closed on the 16th of September and that I need to link them to the new BT Mail to retain the service.

Unfortunately I have tried linking the mail accounts via the instructions provided in the link, but have not received any confirmation e-mails to any of the addresses.

The help FAQ notes the following, "Once you submit your request, you'll get an email from us to confirm it's been received. If you do not receive this confirmation, we recommend that you complete the process again.", which seems a little ridiculous that the onus is on me to continually keep retrying the process, as I have been attempting to do this over the last few days and still received no confirmation e-mails to any of the e-mail addresses.

I've done a search of the forums and on Google, but cannot find anyone experiencing the same issues. Can anyone offer any assistance, or maybe I should just call BT up and try to explain the situation?

Cheers for any advice.

PS - I've had the accounts since probably around the mid 90's and they are not listed as sub accounts on my primary one, but even the primary account has not received a confirmation e-mail.

Distinguished Sage

Re: BT Yahoo Mail Service Transition

CPR

Hi gg,

Yes, I saw the topics you have linked to, but as these are related to the possibility of the e-mails being a phishing scam, rather than an issue actually registering to keep their addresses.

I thought it would be more appropriate to create a new thread, seeing as my issue is not concerning if the e-mails are genuine or not, as they are.

Thanks.

Distinguished Sage

[ Edited ]

Yes I understand what you are saying but if the email is a phishing email then the registering of the address by clicking through in the links in the email would be how the scammers get your email user name and password.

As said, it may be a genuine email and no harm done but then again it might not be genuine hence the reason for the other posts. 

If you contact BT about it please let us know how you get on as there is not any feed back coming from the moderators about it.

Distinguished Sage

Just seen the update on this post. It would appear to be genuine.

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Phishing-email/td-p/957428/page/2