cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterE17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 60

Re: BT Yahoo Mail - 'Yesterday' is a day out ...

@unwina, you ask for further details so here's one for you: this happens on straight Yahoo mail as well,  ie Yahoo itself not "BT Yahoo", on Chrome but not on Firefox (although my Yahoo account is nearly dormant so this error doesn't annoy me too much, but if I had a busy account it would).

HTH. 

0 Ratings
unwina
Expert
Message 22 of 60

@PeterE17 ,

Thanks, to be fair that is to be expected as the only part that is BT is the login the rest is yahoo to all intents and purpose but thanks for confirming this.

0 Ratings
Hugh758
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 60

@unwina 

Well, my promised call back that was set for last night never happened. I am not really surprised. The guy broke his first promise the evening before too. 

I have no call reference or name of who I spoke to after my case got escalated to a manager so I guess I just have to start again.

Is the BT Yahoo interface the only one BT use? 

When my wife logs in to her account she gets another screen before she sees her inbox, when I login I go straight to the inbox.

Inconsistency does not help it just causes more confusion.

0 Ratings
unwina
Expert
Message 24 of 60

@Hugh758 ,

BT has 2 eMail services (they may have more I don't know).

I only know BT/Yahoo so if you are using a web browser (Chrome etc) the url when it settles will be "https://mail.yahoo.com...etc".

Not sure if BT Mail uses "BT.com.blahblah..." when it settles to the main BT/eMail screens. Either way for webmail bt.com may have a number of different screens it uses before you end up somewhere that has Yahoo is in the name then you are definitely using BT/Yahoo. BT/eMail will probably end up with at least "BT.com" in the name but I don't have BT/eMail to confirm that.

If you are using a phone/tablet its more likely each one has its own type of interface (Android , IOS to name a couple) where you can still use chrome web browsers, but you would more likely  be using a server based system, where you have to detail the relevant email id's and server entities before you can start to use it. In my phone I use a gmail app but there are many different ways to skin a cat unfortunately - which tends to complicate things rather than improve things for users and more importantly developers the world over.

If all else fails then you could resort to what I call the "sledge hammer/nut crack" approach to get attention - that is run your frustrating issues through the CEO of the company. I've poked my BT contact again for an update as they said I should not expect some comments for at least 2 two days. Even then I think it will be just to make a connection and give a possible progress update. Covid-19 may not be helping either...

To agree though BT.COM front ends do seem to be a little confused since BT tried to actually force the login through their front end rather than allow users to just login to yahoo using their BT/Yahoo id. Sad really as one got to the email quite a bit quicker using yahoo.com or .co.uk - that's progress I guess but at least I can still get to other yahoo products from the bt/yahoo interfaces.

0 Ratings
Hugh758
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 60

@unwina 

Thanks

My wife and I are both on mail.yahoo.com addresses when in our inbox but she has an intermediate screen with a home.bt.com address after logging in, which allows her to choose which email account to go to if she has not set a favourite (but she only has one email address with BT.

Mine goes straight to my inbox after logging in. I may have set a favourite a long time ago I cannot recall, but certainly not done so recently. 

I will probably try again with chat and see if I can get to the next level up.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 26 of 60

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing issues with the date displayed when viewing your BT Yahoo emails on the Chrome browser. We'd like to raise a case with Yahoo to get this investigated so I've messaged everyone reporting this issue so you can send over your details to the moderation team.

Thanks
Neil

unwina
Expert
Message 27 of 60

@NeilO 

Hi Neil thanks for this,. I've completed mine using a cut down more succinct and relevant version of my answers on here and I have traversed my emails right back to end of 2019 and detailed the differences as best I can sadly it looked most readable until I sent it but it does look readable. If not let me know.

Hopefully everyone here will also add their details too. My wife has the same identical issues on her BT/Yahoo email but since we both use the same machines most of the time I think my contribution will suffice from us.

0 Ratings
Sue036
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 60

Hi Neil,

Just got your message and will start putting my reply together right away. 

Thank you,

Sue

Hugh758
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 60

Hi Neil

I have replied, hope you can get it resolved, thanks.

DavidM
Message 30 of 60

Hi all,

Thanks for sending over the details. I've collated the details and sent them off to get looked into. I'll be in touch once I have any updates.

Cheers

David