cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sue036
Aspiring Expert
Message 51 of 60

Re: BT Yahoo Mail - 'Yesterday' is a day out ...

I agree with Hugh, I am now seeing 'Today' correctly but messages dated 28th and 29th are all together under 'Yesterday'. Nonetheless, it's a step in the right direction!

unwina
Expert
Message 52 of 60

As far as i am seeing today 31st March, all the more recent ones seem to be ok, however 2018 is still the marker for last year which is in fact showing 2019 messages. Will be interesting to see how the day of week labels fair - Sunday 29th seems to start ok but also has Saturday 28th emails in the Sunday ones at moment - There is no Saturday Label. Looks similar to @Sue036 but slipped by a day. 

It's more pronounced in folders too where also there are a number of year splits. The year values  are out by a year still but I can live with that I guess. It's getting there but there is still a little way to go.

I believe there is an issue with google chrome that yahoo are working with google to fix this. I'm guessing that's why it seemed to work a few days ago then slipped back a little. I don't think it would hurt if we users gave this a couple of weeks and see where we are from there. If its still not working it won't hurt to keep this going.

@Sue036 if you don't mark this as solved just yet it should remain open and be easier to keep reporting on it. (Its up to you of course, I'm just a user like you and not in charge)

Sue036
Aspiring Expert
Message 53 of 60

Hi unwina, don't worry, I don't think it is solved, just that it is encouraging that there has been a change, because that suggests that someone is making some changes to the software in an attempt to fix the problem!

Today I am seeing exactly the same symptoms as you and I have provided further information and a screenshot, to help with the investigation, via a PM to BT.

Sue
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 54 of 60

Hi @Sue036,

Thanks for sending over the screen grab. Can you all please try a different browser and let me know if it helps.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Hugh758
Aspiring Contributor
Message 55 of 60

@DavidM 

In Microsoft Edge the daily groups, monthly groups and 2019 year group all work correctly.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 56 of 60

Thanks for letting me know @Hugh758. Are you happy to continue using that while we try and get this fixed?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Hugh758
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 60

@DavidM 

Yes I can use Edge for email and Chrome for everything else I guess. as a work around, not ideal as I am a Google/Android user so prefer to access everything from Chrome. 

Thanks for your help, looking forward to hearing it is resolved.

0 Ratings
Sue036
Aspiring Expert
Message 58 of 60

@DavidM 

Hi, I can confirm that it's all still working fine in Firefox and in Edge on my Windows PC and in the mail app on my Apple devices and in the Google Chrome browser app on my Apple devices. However, that has been the case all along.

I need to use Chrome on my Windows PC  for other things and do not want to have to use and maintain a second browser - nor use a second screen on my desk - just for accessing my BT emails.

I am managing around the problem for now by remembering to double check the dates / times on emails and not rely on the headings.

Hoping that a solution is found before too long.

Sue

0 Ratings
unwina
Expert
Message 59 of 60

@DavidM 

I agree with others and as long as we keep this thread open for us to report any changes in this  then I am comfortable. I personally will soldier on knowing the issues. I'm not totally convinced it will be fixed quickly just looking at the thread and multitude of issues on google systems anyway.

Lets keep our finger crossed. My personal instincts are that this may not just be a google issue when so many browsers are moving to using the google base code including edge. If they cannot get it fixed there will be people using many of the browsers that are based on the google code anyway.

All that said, we know the the issues from here as we are focused on it but there will be many people using this web interface that are not aware. The pressure on the company is one thing that they need to be feeling and in my view the number of BT users of this interface must be huge I would have thought. Someone needs to keep on this somewhere not just leave it to chance!

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 60 of 60

Hi @Hugh758,

Thanks for confirming everything works on a different browser. We're continuing to investigate with Google and will let you guys know when we get any updates.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings