cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sue036
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 60

BT Yahoo Mail - 'Yesterday' is a day out ...

Hi,

For the last couple of days I've noticed that my BT Yahoo webmail is listing all mail for the current and previous day with no demarkation between the dates and all mail from the day before yesterday under the heading 'Yesterday'. Moreover the mail from earlier days is mis-identified also. For example, today (Saturday 29th) the mail from Thursday 27th is under the heading 'Yesterday' and the mail from Wednesday 26th is under the heading 'Thursday', and so on. Not the end of the world but a bit confusing!

I'm using the Google Chrome browser on a Windows 10 PC. The PC itself shows the correct date and time.

No issues viewing the same emails via either the mail app or Google Chrome on my iPhone or iPad - those devices know which day is which.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help with this.

0 Ratings
59 REPLIES 59
Sue036
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 60

Re: BT Yahoo Mail - 'Yesterday' is a day out ...

I still have this problem 😞

Have checked all the settings I can find for my email, my browser and my PC and can't see anything that's incorrect.

I have tried clearing my browser cache but that made no difference.

If it's just happening to me and just on the one device there must be something I can change on the device to fix it?
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 60

Have you tried a different browser to try and narrow down where the problem may lie.

0 Ratings
Sue036
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 60

Thank you for your reply and sorry for delayed response - I had to go out!

That’s a very good point and I don’t think I have. I’m on my iPad now, so will try that next time I fire up the PC and report back.
0 Ratings
Sue036
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 60

OK, I don't have the problem with Firefox, only in Chrome.

Tried clearing all the Chrome cache, again, which hasn't helped.

Found a setting in the webmail window to set a city & time zone and set it to correct city / zone. That hasn't changed anything.

Checked that I have the same issue when viewing all of my mail folders, and this alerted me to the fact that everything is one day out ... it thinks 31st January was the first day of February!

The Yahoo calendar, however, shows the correct days / dates / months. I don't use that calendar for anything, btw.

Getting too tired to think now ... perhaps new ideas will occur in the morning?
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 60

Try a reset of Chrome. Be aware that this will put Chrome back to how it was when it was first loaded so make sure that you save your bookmarks etc.

EDIT:

Out of interest check on this link to see what it shows for your computer clock.

https://time.is/

0 Ratings
Sue036
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 60

The link shows that my PC clock is 0.8 seconds ahead. Sounds OK?

I have tried turning off all my browser extensions (and deleted a couple I never use) but that hasn't helped.

I haven't mentioned before that when I first open my mailbox it fleetingly puts 'Yesterday' in the right place and then moves it to the wrong place ... but I guess the solution will be the same.

I thought I might end up having to reset Chrome. I am a bit scared to do that in case I lose something vital! I know that's unlikely but I think I will have to do some research first to make sure I know how to preserve and / or recover the things I need. Will also have to do it when I have time to focus on it and am not about to rush off out somewhere or needing the PC to do something urgent. That might not be until the weekend.

Thank you for your advice and I will let you know whether or not the reset fixes the problem.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 60

If you are using W10 on your computer, the new Microsoft Edge browser is getting good reviews. It is based on the Chrome browser and for all intents  and purposes behaves in a very similar manner.

You could download and install that and try using it to see if the problem is there. If it appears OK and after trying it for a day or two you may decide to keep using it.

If you do you can go into the settings and under Profile  > "Import" all your data from Chrome and if you want from other browsers that you may use.

At the very least this will act as a back up if you do decide to "reset" Chrome after which you can "Import" your data from Edge back into Chrome.

Sue036
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 60

Hello Again,

I have reset Chrome and this has NOT fixed the problem. Now I have to re-install all my extensions ...

I don't really want to move to using a different browser as I have got Chrome working and synced across all my devices and don't want to have to start changing all of them.

I did try importing my bookmarks to Edge but found that I could only access them via a set of sub-folders under 'favourites', which was very long-winded. I have THOUSANDS of book marks, btw. Also it doesn't autofill any of my login details, although I asked it to import them from Chrome, which is also a huge pain.

Just wondering if anyone has any other ideas?

I am determined NOT to use an email client on my PC as I have had so many bad experiences in the past with them.

Thanks,

Sue

Sue036
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 60

... forgot to say that the date problem does not occur in Edge.
0 Ratings