cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hugh758
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 60

Re: BT Yahoo Mail - 'Yesterday' is a day out ...

Thanks

I got the impression that BT Mail uses a different (and better functionality?) interface from BT Yahoo. Is that correct, and if so, is it possible to view to see if I might simply switch over?

Regards

Hugh

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 60

You can not request to be migrated to BTMail however BT have started the migration of all BTYahoo email accounts to BTMail albeit this is happening slowly you will eventually be migrated at some time in the future.

0 Ratings
unwina
Expert
Message 33 of 60

@gg30340 ,

Is that still the case that BT is actively moving people over or is it just that they are putting new customers onto the BTmail system. I don;t personally know anything about the BTemail but I do use the yahoo system folders extensively.

(I do use Mailstore Home as my personal backup system although not sure that big files are copied through on that but I usually try not to store files on yahoo anyway)

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 60

All new customers since 2014 were/are put on the BTMail system and not the BTYahoo system.

Only "old" customers that were BT customers prior to 2014 are on the BTYahoo system.

BT set up a "new" email system called BTMail and started migrating BTYahoo email accounts to that system in 2014 and during the migration a large number of BTYahoo customers were migrated. 

The migration was stopped for some reason that BT have not made public. This resulted in a large number of BTYahoo customers not being migrated and BT having to run two email systems: BTYahoo and BTMail. 

BT have restarted the migration of BTYahoo accounts to the BTMail system. Information regarding this was posted on the forum by the moderators on 18.02.20

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/We-re-updating-BT-Email/td-p/2005956

The following web page regarding settings on email clients etc was published some time ago by BT.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/updating-your-bt-email-settings

The following is for all readers, not just you as I note you do have a backup regime.

When your email account is migrated, all your folders, stored contacts etc will be migrated at the same time however as with all things software related I would strongly suggest that if you do not already back up your email, folders and contacts that you so as a matter of urgency. Apart from protecting your email account in the unlikely event that anything should go wrong during the migration, it is good practice. 

unwina
Expert
Message 35 of 60

Thanks @gg30340 ,

Had no idea that BT was trying to migrate again, I'll have to keep an eye out for the email as whilst I don't use server based stuff in anger myself and my wife both use android mobiles and she has a tablet that is similarly tied into yahoo email services via gmail app and IMAP connections - I think!.

Curiously the server settings use btinternet.com servers but I bet there are changes to be made on the day. Despite Yahoo's failings and there are many I'm betting that the Web version of BTMail is nowhere near as good as yahoo mail has become over the years.  

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 60

Mail.btinternet.com has always been the only official server for BT email regardless of which provider. Anybody using the correct servers will not need to do anything, it is only those using unofficial and unapproved servers that will need to make any changes.

unwina
Expert
Message 37 of 60

thx

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 38 of 60

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your patience while investigating this. We had an update from the email team. Yahoo has made a few changes yesterday that should have resolved the problem.

Please can you let me know if you're still having the same problem?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Hugh758
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 60

Hi

I just logged in to my account and the problem remains.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 40 of 60

Hi @Hugh758,

Thank you for posting back. Please can you try clearing your cookies and cache and can you try again?

If the problem is still there after that please can you take a screenshot and post back? Please make sure to remove any personal identifiable information before posting back.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings