cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 8

BT Yahoo Mail about to be provided by Oath.

Has anyone seen a BT comment on this ?

https://policies.yahoo.com/ie/en/yahoo/privacy/euoathnoticefaq/

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Cassie
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Yahoo Mail about to be provided by Oath.

No, but saw something about this on Down Detector from a Yahoo user just now.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

@vofsanity2 wrote:

Has anyone seen a BT comment on this ?

https://policies.yahoo.com/ie/en/yahoo/privacy/euoathnoticefaq/

I can't actually recall seeing anything with regards the Verizon takeover of Yahoo.

So anything with respect to Oath is extremely unlikely.

The stuff to check is the ISP partner details, which also makes you wonder how Sky are going to deal with it.

0 Ratings
Whiskeyjack
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

I've heard about the takeover so came looking to see what impact it might have on those of us still stuck on Yahoo's dreadful email platform ads and all. Surely as paying BT customers we deserve an ad-free webmail client?

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

There are no ads on a proper email client. Webmail is the spawn of the devil.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

I think this might be the final straw for me. When I have time I think I'll be changing my long-standing btopenworld email address.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

Good grief!.... "Oath strives to create a passionate and engaged community of users by building content and products that inspire and entertain the world".

They are correct about passionate - I passionately don't wish to have anything to do with Oath and its partners.

They don't say anything about snooping on the body text of emails, so I assume that is what they will do. Does anyone know?

"We will share the same information that our companies have previously collected and used for the development and operation of our products and services. This may include your account registration information (such as your user ID, gender, name, email address, postcode & age), your content and advertising interests, content associated with your account, the types of services you use and how you engage with them, cookie and device IDs, IP addresses, geolocation information and activity information from across our websites, apps, software and other services. All of the information that we collect about you may be shared across the various Oath brands and within our Verizon family of companies."
0 Ratings