Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KenR6267
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

BT Yahoo Mail - disposable addresses change and is BT mail a free add on

Go to solution

Recently new disposable addresses are being created as ...@yahoo.com and not ...@yahoo.co.uk

Not to fussed with this one way or another, but mails being sent to ...@yahoo.com are bouncing back to the sender as unable to deliver.

I have spent the past 2 days trying to get this sorted with a variety of people and each time having to start from scratch. However, the ultimate came today when they (insisted) that the .com works identically (it doesn't) and they couldn't do anything to resolve this since BT Yahoo mail is a free service that I don't pay for. 

I have had BT Internet since around 2009 or 2010 an haven't been aware I have been paying for a free service all that time.

Does anyone have any idea:

1/ how to get the disposable addresses to work again

2/ how has the BT Email suddenly become a free add on?

Getting less than impressed with BT here to say the least.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT Yahoo Mail - disposable addresses change and is BT mail a free add on

Go to solution

@KenR6267 wrote:

Does anyone have any idea:

1/ how to get the disposable addresses to work again

You can't

2/ how has the BT Email suddenly become a free add on?

Always has been, its in the T&Cs. If you leave BT it costs £5/m to keep your email address.

Getting less than impressed with BT here to say the least.

0 Ratings
KenR6267
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Got a new laptop and registered it with a new disposable address through the start up wizzard style thing. Now of course i can't rerun it nor can I find out where its held to change it. As I said, getting less and less impressed with BT Internet as time goes on.

They dissassociated all my broadband accounts from my main account for billing etc. I now see that my own sub account is now one gifted to someone else and I have a brand spanking new laptop I cant get into the registration with.

Thanks a bunch. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

If you registered your laptop on the manufacturers website that should be your starting place to find it and change the email address you have associated with it. 

You may also find that if you search on the laptop there will be a program in the manufacturer name that will either hold your details or at least allow you to access the registration site by entering your user name and password which will probably be the email address that you registered with. There will probably be an option within that to allow you to change the email address if you wish.

0 Ratings
stanCS
Beginner
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

@KenR6267 wrote:

Recently new disposable addresses are being created as ...@yahoo.com and not ...@yahoo.co.uk

Not to fussed with this one way or another, but mails being sent to ...@yahoo.com are bouncing back to the sender as unable to deliver.

I've been getting the same problem.   Started some weeks back.   since then, I opted for BT premium Mail  at £5 per month - but that doesn't help.    The BT premium mail support crew,  says broadly "it's a Yahoo! issue and to contact them" then muttered something about "security issues and BT not offering these adresses any longer....."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

If you have BT broadband there is no point in opting for premium mail. It is exactly the same product but just for customers without a BT account. It is not a 'premium' product, just the misleading name it has been given.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

@stanCS wrote:

I've been getting the same problem.   Started some weeks back.   since then, I opted for BT premium Mail  at £5 per month - but that doesn't help.    The BT premium mail support crew,  says broadly "it's a Yahoo! issue and to contact them" then muttered something about "security issues and BT not offering these adresses any longer....."

Cancel your BT Premium email account. You do not need to pay for exactly the same product you get for free as a BT Broadband customer.

You would be far better setting up a free gmail account or using your £5 per month to get your own Domain with email. That will have a far better SLA than any free email service and you are not "tied" to any ISP for your email address should you want to move ISP.

0 Ratings
stanCS
Beginner
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution
What you say makes a lot of sense but I'm not a BT broadband customer - so the £5 per month (for me) is about preserving a long-held and widely-propagated legacy email address and associated aliases. Were it not for that I'd likely go the route you suggest, and may still do so.... if I ever get round to quantifying/sorting out the legacy stuff.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Hi guys,

Sorry to see you've all been having this problem recently.

We have raised this with Yahoo and are working with them to understand the issue.  Can you confirm the bounce message received when sending an email to the Disposable Email Address (DEA) and post a screenshot?  Also, can you copy the header of the email that has bounced and post that also?

Cheers,

Robbie

stanCS
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

@RobbieMac wrote:

Hi guys,

Sorry to see you've all been having this problem recently.

"We have raised this with Yahoo and are working with them to understand the issue.  Can you confirm the bounce message received when sending an email to the Disposable Email Address (DEA) and post a screenshot?"

Hi Robbie,  Thanks for taking an interest Here's the bounce message along with the original headers as returned in the bounce message.... best I can do at the moment. Hope it helps.  

As background, I had set up disposable email address scs96-arb expecting initially to get scs96-arb@yahoo.co.uk. However, the setup screen showed that yahoo.com would be appended and that's what happened. The 'add' gave scs96-arb@yahoo.com and NOT scs96-arb@yahoo.co.uk.   When I sent a test message to scs96-arb@yahoo.com the message bounced.  I tried several times.

(nb. Existing disposable addresses with yahoo.co.uk suffixes continue to work fine - for example the email I just received from yourself)

Here's the bounce message + original headers

'Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

554: delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (scs96-arb@yahoo.com) [-13] - mta1088.mail.bf1.yahoo.com'

Then enclosed a copy of the outgoing message I'd sent ....... Here it is (slightly snipped]
--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=talk21.com; s=s2048; t=1502451813; bh=KB821yi1jSTpSQsqa9CVrBwB2OsXtslDQvQv52euId0=; h=Date:From:Reply-To:To:Subject:References:From:Subject; b=i22Obu0c0YZTwOpd4g/jlg1LDEHC+7TIKqBhr9Pyeh1I4ykAioebcgSiOutlYDVj/y7obO28aZN3Q7nC6eh53UZ4uEqF368tFD7RcEWEh6vVtSKm8Z8Y6BQAkB/GPpS9q1WZaCQD0wjxAmxaJk1b0x20QoKk7eStWqE2gSiXamMkoA7cQ+M0jnfMdEvG8vQmcgT03NcQYug8aiSi5iPsvzLmiOs7+iw1COfIevOdGL2oeikhyOAthEgIUS0XCqK5TLYelrlsTJVyitD4yJMfHvzTRar+/f0uXZjJr78KKnWpbbj9gj+kg4Jmy/qTuJmsXFXn/Q02alsHTDT3XVxNUQ==
X-YMail-OSG: F0a7aUsVM1nB7yiFnw0_G1zw8RrFTJRQ_FR4G.SENg6yHRnGewK.Gdbzm8yGRw2
lF7Vbfl.DNRqb6gcAsIEg5OEHpfsGnhaaDmh12dMpSA5xLaMZw0T22..GZuWYwREt1B2bTejVLE4
rWWVvN4R9Oy8eZEdfmwnldr7hc4HXect_yEJ2NKcuLN8rCTEf4BJse66ZEDNUTb1ZR6qyH.sZVAl
YPtVrdywyuk09n3y1iuEsAYVofpBb3rOlr8USf3lOs.a51CcYAVNXha7rSaa_v7VAQ6MwmNr1SR8
y3XYn4_bU1vIVeUkWFpxqwNW08K7m13xzQ24WpjAK7jpglFHiKmle3.1zunp9zFuE013LqHe81BK
kyIzR3ACPCkjLGTjNoHLQuwyz0xlXO_0vlxvVRrarTHn0VktFFZnsSC8QLpby_HQU6hWx6A6crY5
joiE8hXboxNKTF5k23TnYxMloFqhh01rIWHUDWDOtv.Z0QRimUlJMycTC926Pc3stjgdf6HMSNA-
-
Received: from sonic.gate.mail.ne1.yahoo.com by sonic310.consmr.mail.ir2.yahoo.com with HTTP; Fri, 11 Aug 2017 11:43:33 +0000
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 11:39:29 +0000 (UTC)
Reply-To: [mySNIP]
Subject: test5
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
    boundary="----=_Part_2485271_149197915.1502451569256"
X-Mailer: WebService/1.1.10318 YahooMailNeo Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0
Content-Length: 543

------=_Part_2485271_149197915.1502451569256
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

........... etc''

0 Ratings