Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT Yahoo Mail - disposable addresses change and is BT mail a free add on

Go to solution

@stanCS wrote:

@RobbieMac wrote:

Hi guys,

Sorry to see you've all been having this problem recently.

"We have raised this with Yahoo and are working with them to understand the issue.  Can you confirm the bounce message received when sending an email to the Disposable Email Address (DEA) and post a screenshot?"

Hi Robbie,  Thanks for taking an interest Here's the bounce message along with the original headers as returned in the bounce message.... best I can do at the moment. Hope it helps.  

As background, I had set up disposable email address scs96-arb expecting initially to get scs96-arb@yahoo.co.uk. However, the setup screen showed that yahoo.com would be appended and that's what happened. The 'add' gave scs96-arb@yahoo.com and NOT scs96-arb@yahoo.co.uk.   When I sent a test message to scs96-arb@yahoo.com the message bounced.  I tried several times.

Hi.

Have you tried sending an email to the same disposable stub adding yahoo.co.uk instead?

0 Ratings
stanCS
Beginner
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Andy_N wrote:

Hi.

Have you tried sending an email to the same disposable stub adding yahoo.co.uk instead?

Hi Andy,

That fails too with the same Error Code and 'unknown user' message.

---

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @stanCS,

Sorry for the delay in offering updates on this problem.  The email team raised this directly with Yahoo.  Yahoo have confirmed that they fixed a bug on the 24th which should have resolved this issue.  Could you please confirm if you are still experiencing this issue?  If so, would you mind terribly attempting to create another disposable address to see if this too exhibits the problem?

If you could let us know we would be very grateful.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
stanCS
Beginner
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

@PaddyB wrote:

Hi @stanCS,

Sorry for the delay in offering updates on this problem.  The email team raised this directly with Yahoo.  Yahoo have confirmed that they fixed a bug on the 24th which should have resolved this issue.  Could you please confirm if you are still experiencing this issue?  If so, would you mind terribly attempting to create another disposable address to see if this too exhibits the problem?

If you could let us know we would be very grateful.

Thanks

PaddyB

@Hi @PaddyB.
Thanks for your message,

I can confirm that for the last few days, disposable email addresses are being created with a yahoo.com suffix and are working OK.    For me, the early ones (eg -arb) are also now working.

I'm not the guy who started this thread, so haven't clicked on the signoff link  (as yet, p advise).  Looks to me that the problem is fixed.       

My thanks to you and all who offered advice/help.

stanCS

0 Ratings
KenR6267
Beginner
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

@paddy8

This is now working. Many thanks to you and the guys. After many hours on the phone to BT Help over several days they were MOST insistant that it would not work again and that I had no grounds to be upset as the mail wa a free add on service.

I am not fussed whether it is .co.uk or .com. Just glad to get it back

Ken

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @KenR6267,

Thank you for posting back. I'm glad to hear that back working for you.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings