cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bolgerp
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Yahoo Mail vs. BT Mail? How to convert? Or should I bother?

Hi all

I apologise if this has been answered elsewhere but a search hasn't provided me with the answer I am looking for. All advice gratefully accepted. 

I have been a BT Yahoo email and BT Broadband customer for many years but have only just today found out there are TWO email services. I have a few of questions:

1. Can you switch from Yahoo mail to BT Mail? If so, how? When I log into My BT and scroll down to email, I just have BT Yahoo Mail displayed, no BT Mail option. 

2. Is it worth switching? I have activated the Full featured version of Yahoo mail. It may not be of any benefit to switch.

3. I want to be able to activate read/delivery receipts.. I see I can do this on BT Mail but don't think I can on Yahoo Mail.

Many thanks in advance

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Yahoo Mail vs. BT Mail? How to convert? Or should I bother?

@bolgerp wrote:

Hi all

I apologise if this has been answered elsewhere but a search hasn't provided me with the answer I am looking for. All advice gratefully accepted. 

I have been a BT Yahoo email and BT Broadband customer for many years but have only just today found out there are TWO email services. I have a few of questions:

1. Can you switch from Yahoo mail to BT Mail? If so, how? When I log into My BT and scroll down to email, I just have BT Yahoo Mail displayed, no BT Mail option. 

No, it is not possible to switch. BT are (were) in the process of changing email provider from Yahoo to a company called Openwave. Many customers were migrated but due to unknown reasons the migration has been put on hold.

2. Is it worth switching? I have activated the Full featured version of Yahoo mail. It may not be of any benefit to switch.

See above

3. I want to be able to activate read/delivery receipts.. I see I can do this on BT Mail but don't think I can on Yahoo Mail.

If you use a mail client rather than webmail, you will be able to activate read receipts.

Many thanks in advance

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

even with read/delivery receipts active many people, myself included, do not give receipts

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bolgerp
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Many thanks everyone for all your help. I suspected as much regarding the read/reply receipts using Outlook. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
infinidim
Expert
Message 5 of 5

I have been working with the "executive support" in BT to try and get migrated but as someone else posted, there have been various issue with the BT email service which has stopped the migration. I know there are various issues with the IMAP side of the service as I have been connected to the new email service for quite a while with a test client. Currently there is not date available to anybody when people will be migrated be migrated. 

Regards

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings