cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrustratedCustomer68
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 25

Re: BT Yahoo! Places E-Mails in Spam Folder Despite SpamGuard Being Off!!!

Please note that readers of this thread may also be interested in the threads entitled "Unauthorised deletion of Emails by SpamGuard", and "The FOUR versions of BT Yahoo Webmail".

In view of the fact that, however unreasonably, BT Yahoo! no longer permit users to turn off SpamGuard, and this despite at least one of the four user interfaces giving the impression to the contrary, I have performed a test to see just how long e-mails placed in the Spam folder remain there before being automatically deleted. Happily it does appear that in this respect BT Yahoo! does work as it ought to.

Using the All New Mail interface I set "Empty Spam folder :" to "once a month", and then placed e-mails in the Spam folder on 3rd March, 5th March and 1st April. The first two of these e-mails were deleted between yesterday morning, 5th April and this morning 6th April, so despite the ambiguity in the user interface, it is clear that e-mail is retained in the Spam folder for at least the full duration of the configurable period specified by the user. (In case it's not immediately obvious the ambiguity arises from the fact that simply stating that the Spam folder will be emptied once a month does not guarantee when the deletion occurs relative to when a given e-mail has been placed in it).

Message 22 of 25

Thanks for taking the trouible to share the fruits of your labour so clearly FrustratedCustomer68.

I must say that running one's email with BT is an increasingly nerve-wracking and time-consuming business....

0 Ratings
FrustratedCustomer68
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 25

I appreciate your kind comment Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
FrustratedCustomer68
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 25

For anyone interested, Message 5 in the thread entitled "The FOUR versions of BT Yahoo Webmail" is relevant to this thread.

Message 25 of 25

@FrustratedCustomer68 wrote:

For anyone interested, Message 5 in the thread entitled "The FOUR versions of BT Yahoo Webmail" is relevant to this thread.

Thanks FC68. I responded to that Message 5. Disturbing news.

0 Ratings