Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 13

Re: BT Yahoo Premier Mail - OSX Mail Client won't connect after password change

@licquorice wrote:

Any chance one of the mods could get some information from the mail team on how it is supposed to work? Any time in the next 10 years would be good.

For avoidance of doubt, that is a dig at the mail team not the mods, who I am sure are as frustrated with them as the rest of us.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 13

Hi,

after a lot of pain tshoot where my partner got locked out of her Yahoo account where I have a subaccount - i ended up seeing several screens so i grabbed a few screenshots.

It looks like it depends whether or not you have a BTID and whether the email in question is "Added to BTID". The below screen shows my partners page where the first email address has a "Change Password" and the last email has a "Add to BTID" button.

MyBT - Copy.png

Now from my webmail when i click on the settings icon - and click Account Info as below:

AccountInfo - Copy.png

I end up on this page with 2 pink boxes:

PinkPage - Copy.png

When I click "Change my password" I get:

ResetPasswordPage - Copy.png

HERE IS THE INTERESTING BIT

When I enter the email address which has "Add to BTID" status on MYBT and click continue I get this page:

BTYahooResetPage - Copy.png

When i enter the email address which has "Change Password" agsint it on MyBT and click continue

ResetPasswordPage - Copy.png

I get

BTIDResetPage - Copy.png

It somehow auto-recognises that emaill address is "linked" to my BT and presents me a different page. When I click reset my BT Mail password and click continue it asks me to log into MY BT again:

MyBTResetPassword - Copy.png

One I log in - i end up in MyBT screen again which is teh first image above. To reset my password I click "change password" agaisnt the 1st email address and I end up on this screen:

ChangePassword - Copy.png

I can simply enter a new password here without having to answer any security Q or entering the current password.

So my longwinded conclusions:

• Bt want to you to use a "BTID" to manage all your email accounts and thats the best way to  "Change Password". If you do this - I cant see a way to "Reset Password" an individual email address other than Reset BTID. Dosent matter as Change password works fine here and there is no need for a "Reset Password".

• If you have an email address which has is in the state of "Add to BTID" in MYBT, then there is no option of "Changing Password" but only "Reset Password" as shown above where you have to answer security questions.

• That "Change Password" link that licquorice posted - I cant seem to get to it naturally but it looks to be an old link lying around in help pages - but guess what that page works ONLY if you use an email address that has "Add to BTID" agaisnt it and throws a wierd error when you use an email address that has "Change Password" agaisnt it on MYBT.

Hit back if you think something is not kosher here.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 13

See link about changes to how BTYahoo email accounts are NOW managed.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/57345
0 Ratings