cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Yahoo SEND on iphone stopped overnight

Suddenly, overnight, email sending on 4 different ipads and iphones stopped working.

I sent an email just after midnight, fine, but this morning sending a reply to the same string (on the same device ) left left the outgoing message in my Outbox.

All day, using 4 devices and 5 different BT Yahoo mail accounts i get the same. all attempts have left the messages in the Outboxes.

I can receive OK.

I can send & receive from IE, Mail10 and Safari OK

I contacted BT Chat support, they checked the BT Servers and say theyre OK and it is Apple that is at fault.

I contacted Apple Chat support, they checked their systems and say theyre OK and (guess what) "it is Apple that is at fault."

Apple asked me to delete a 'Yahoo' profile account from my device, and reinstall it using the 'Other' profile. This worked !! i can send emails. However, this profile doesnt include "Contacts", "Calendars" and "Reminders", which i cant do without.

Apple suggest this indicates BT/Yahoo  have done someting to their servers overnight.

Anyone got the same issue or ideas for a solution please?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Yahoo SEND on iphone stopped overnight

It's a huge issue with yahoo not with Apple. Just look at all this

http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/yahoo-mail

BT, you have a responsibility to pressure yahoo into sorting this out as they do not appear to be acknowledging any issues. They are ignoring all tweets to customer care and no responses on their own community forums. As we pay BT then the responsibility is on you to escalate this

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I just cant beleive it !

I spent ages on the Chat, then phone with BT 'email Support' this morning and as a result of them leveling the problem at Apples' door, i have spent all my Saturday on the Chat with Apple then trying to work out and fix the problem myself .

What a waste of a valuable weekend day. I'm livid at getting the runaround.

Is it really too much to expect BT to know that their partner service is screwed up !

VERY DISSATISFIED !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Unfortunately they don't have a clue. BTs biggest mistake is ever trusting yahoo to handle the email service. It looked like there was salvation at one point as they migrated away from yahoo. But many users never got migrated and for unknown reasons it doesn't seem to be happening leading to fragmentation. Pretty farcical.

moving away from that, try and send an email now. I managed to send some out recently so maybe it is being fixed right now. Not good that it's lasted 24 hours but hopefully it'll work now. Yahoo support is all in Asia I think so guess they only just got into work to realise a problem. They obviously don't believe in 24 hour service / monitoring

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Was just about to post re the same issue on my wifes iPhone & iPad. Mine, on the same devices seems to be OK.

Does anyone understadn the technical piece re why this is happening ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

@southweststokie wrote:

Was just about to post re the same issue on my wifes iPhone & iPad. Mine, on the same devices seems to be OK.

Does anyone understadn the technical piece re why this is happening ?

Hi.

I assume that this has just started to happen? In other words, it was working until very recently.

What WiFi signal are you using? If it's 5GHz (apple stuff defaults to 5GHz), then this has a limited reach in terms of signal distance. Would this be relevant?

I've always recommended changing the 5GHz WiFi name to add .5 to the name (in the router settings).

However, this would also show up as a generic internet access failure too. But it's certainly worth checking.

Of course, and more likely, it could simply be an account access problem for one address. This can last a few hours up to a few days. If you've not tried, try access via webmail rather than mail client.

0 Ratings