Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cc1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 21

BT Yahoo Search

Go to solution

The search function in the BT Yahoo web based email is not working like it used to. I cannot search and access emails older than a few days when I search, even though I know the emails are there. This function used to work perfectly.

I know this has been a topic of discussion, but have any solutions been found?

I have Windows 10. BT Yahoo Mail. The problem is across three different browsers - Edge, Firefox and Chrome.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 21

Re: BT Yahoo Search

Go to solution

Unless you have a desperate need to use webmail, why not try a mail client such as Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird to deal with your email. If you don't like them, you don't have to use them, just go back to webmail. Both are free downloads and very simple to set up.

0 Ratings
cc1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution
Thanks licquorice. I don't have a desperate need to use webmail, and I use Outlook 2013. But it is very useful to be able to archive received emails on the web, and search through them when I need to reference one. I have several year's of emails in an archive file, which would otherwise be taking up room on the hard-drive, and in the pst file. I'm hoping BT will eventually fix this problem, but till then ......... any thoughts of a workround for it?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

If you are not already using it, have you tried using the "basic" version of BTYahoo?

0 Ratings
cc1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

Thanks gg30340 for the reply. But, I just tried the "Basic" version and it made no difference.

I tried the search contacts, and that was working fine - not sure if that's significant.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

@cc1 wrote:
Thanks licquorice. I don't have a desperate need to use webmail, and I use Outlook 2013. But it is very useful to be able to archive received emails on the web, and search through them when I need to reference one. I have several year's of emails in an archive file, which would otherwise be taking up room on the hard-drive, and in the pst file. I'm hoping BT will eventually fix this problem, but till then ......... any thoughts of a workround for it?

Your choice obviously, but I would never trust BT to archive my important stuff. Hard drive space is very cheap these days and you can split mail into multiple .PST files to make things manageable. I have a separate PST file per year. Sorry can't help with a workaround though.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

I don't trust any ISPs email system to store/archive my emails and as I am no longer on BTYahoo and only occasionally use webmail I'm sorry I can't offer any more suggestions other than I seem to remember that this has happened in the past and it just cleared its self.

0 Ratings
cc1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

The problem now seems to be solved.

I had a long phone conversation with the BT helpdesk, on 08081006778 . They promised to look into it, and phone back in 48 hours, which they did, to say they were still looking into it. However, the problem with the search disappeared shortly after that. Maybe it did just correct itself, or BT fixed it.

It was a good idea to use Thunderbird as a backup. I had it before as a substitute for Outlook Express, when Outlook Express was abolished, but it was tricky to get to work. It seems to work fine now.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

Glad the problem got sorted.

I find ex Outlook Express users are happier with Windows Live Mail rather than Thunderbird, as it has more of the look and feel of OE.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

I am having the same problems, can't search my emails. I want to stay using webmail but it infuriatesme that something so simple isn't working. Has anyone had any success getting this fixed?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings