cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 14

Re: BT Yahoo! Suddenly hijacking my Yahoo! email

Go to solution

I have a very similar problem. I am trying to log into a Yahoo account. When I enter my username I get redirected to a BT error page with the following message  - "We're experiencing a temporary problem with Email and are working to fix it as soon as possible. Please try again later. Sorry if this causes any inconvenience." It is massively inconvenient, because it means I can't use any Yahoo services. How do I fix this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

Don't post your user name but are you using a BTYahoo email address as your username?

Try clearing your browser's history/cache and cookies.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

@OliverRwrote:

I have a very similar problem. I am trying to log into a Yahoo account. When I enter my username I get redirected to a BT error page with the following message  - "We're experiencing a temporary problem with Email and are working to fix it as soon as possible. Please try again later. Sorry if this causes any inconvenience." It is massively inconvenient, because it means I can't use any Yahoo services. How do I fix this?

Do you happen to use the Yahoo app on a smart device?

As you can see, this has happened before, and also other have reported similar on other threads over the years. I believe, as said a couple of years ago, it might be a back end server issue - needing some form of account alteration that the user can't do. However, as BT never give any reasons for other fixes, the reason could be anything.

If cache clearing doesn't work (and say, is the same on other browsers), then moderator intervention is needed to check. Though I believe I've seen a case where it self-fixes after a few days.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

Are you able to contact via    https://uk.help.yahoo.com/kb/account.  ?

0 Ratings