cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 5

BT Yahoo Webmail doesn't put a space between contact's first name and surname

As subject really. Anyone else noticed this when composing new emails? It's only a minor niggle, but it annoys me. Is there a way to report a bug (probably to Yahoo)?

I've reverted to Mail Classic and it correctly formats my contacts names. So I think I'll stick with Classic for as long as I can, although they're making it harder and harder not to upgrade!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Yahoo Webmail doesn't put a space between contact's first name and surname

Why not use an email client? Thunderbird is highly recommended here.

I also use Classic Mail by choice. How are they making it more difficult to hang on to it? I've noticed nothing, though as a Thunderbird user I don't have to go to the website very often.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Re: BT Yahoo Webmail doesn't put a space between contact's first name and surname

I tried Thunderbird years ago and didn't think much of it. I used to enjoy Outlook Express but the Windows Live Mail replacement is a total dog. Also, I think I'd be more likely to use a client if we had IMAP access. I've got my (non-smart) phone set up to poll my inbox, so I make sure all the newsletters etc that one enjoys get delievered to a different folder - so that's not very compatible with POP access either.

It's only on one of my laptops that it keeps trying to force me away from Classic mail. You have to find a little link on the page to let you continue to log in to Classic.

Anyone any idea how/if you can raise a bug? I actually quite like the New Yahoo Mail, but I prefer to send people emails WithoutBunchingTheirNameTogether! 😉

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

We do have IMAP access, who told you otherwise?

Using Thunderbird e-mail client instead of Yahoo webmail  Will allow you to backup your e-mails

I knew that IMAP was available, as my BT Broadband Anywhere HTC phone used to use it, but I'd never figured out how to get it to work from a PC - and certainly there's no BT Help on how to do it. Thanks for the link!

0 Ratings