cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vicks1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT Yahoo and BT Mail

I have a primary Yahoo btinternet email with 2 sub accounts. I have, today, set up a 3rd sub account but this one is not yahoo but is btmail.

As a consequence I have not been able to add it to my  Yahoo Mail app.

I use this app as I have regular problems connecting to bt yahoo through my MacMail app when travelling. 

Can anyone give me advice on this as today I am unable to connect to any BT Yahoo/BT Mail from my Mac.

Thanks

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Yahoo and BT Mail

It will still be a BTYahoo email address but BTYahoo email addresses are no longer accessible via vanilla Yahoo. You will need to use a different mail app or webmail at https://home.bt.com/login/loginform?TARGET=$SM$https%3A%2F%2Fsignin1.bt.com%2Fbtmail%2Fsecure%2Femai...

What settings are you using for Mac mail?

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 12

@Vicks1wrote:

I have a primary Yahoo btinternet email with 2 sub accounts. I have, today, set up a 3rd sub account but this one is not yahoo but is btmail.

As a consequence I have not been able to add it to my  Yahoo Mail app.

I use this app as I have regular problems connecting to bt yahoo through my MacMail app when travelling. 

Can anyone give me advice on this as today I am unable to connect to any BT Yahoo/BT Mail from my Mac.

Thanks

Hi, welcome to the forums.

In the Yahoo Mail app, you need to add the new email address as "Other" or "Manual", depending on wording, Chances are you're trying to add it as a Yahoo type address. Although this can still work, it's not advisable for any BTYahoo email addresses.

If you could connect to your emails via your Mac until today, then the advice is to do nothing. No password, settings or any other changes. Typically this issue can last a few hours to a few days. In the meantime, turn off all email clients from auto-checking - and check manually say every hour on one device.

0 Ratings
Vicks1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

I've got it working now thank you. I think it was a Mac issue.  

However, as the new sub address has @btmail and not @btinternet I have been unable to add it to the Yahoo app on my phone.  I wanted to do this as I travel alot and I am often unable to connect or download BT internet to either MacBook or iPad. 

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Not heard of @btmail email addresses.

0 Ratings
Vicks1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Sorry, its still btinternet but the new one is shown as btmail on my sub accounts page whereas the other addresses are listed as btinternet. I assumed it wouldn't make a difference but it does.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

It will still be on the BTYahoo platform rather than the BTMail platform although that is academic really. As I said previously, logging in via vanilla Yahoo routes are no longer possible, Yahoo have closed the back door. You won't be able to login via www.yahoo.com or any app configured with Yahoo server details for any of your accounts. Your other accounts have presumably been correctly configured with mail.btinternet.com server details.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Whoah, backpeddling here.

Contrary to everything we have been told, I have just created a new test email account and it has been created on the BTMail platform not the BTYahoo platform as I expected it to.

I think some input from the mods would be appreciated here!!

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 9 of 12

Hi @Vicks1,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the community.  Sorry for the delay in responding to your post.

I have been in touch with our email team and they have confirmed that this is a fault, your sub email account should have been provisioned for BT Yahoo mail and not BT mail.  They are working on a fix but unfortunately I cannot share a timescale as to when this will be sorted.

As soon as I know more I will post back here to let you know.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
unwina
Expert
Message 10 of 12

@licquoricewrote:

It will still be on the BTYahoo platform rather than the BTMail platform although that is academic really. As I said previously, logging in via vanilla Yahoo routes are no longer possible, Yahoo have closed the back door. You won't be able to login via www.yahoo.com or any app configured with Yahoo server details for any of your accounts. Your other accounts have presumably been correctly configured with mail.btinternet.com server details.

Is that correct, i still login via yahoo as its easier than saving having to type in full email adress. Bt.com email route does not save email address on my chrome browser. Mind you it never has done for about 4 years now. We both do this on both master and sub accounts. Works on desktop and 2 laptops all can do this still.

0 Ratings