cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamie1982
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 30

Re: BT Yahoo Webmail - Cannot download attachments

I would like to suggest that you firstly reset IE to defaults by going to Tools> Internet Options > Advanced Tab > Press the reset button.

Should this not work, then I would suggest you ensure that Java is fully up to date.

Do you have this issue with any other browser such as Firefox or Chrome?

0 Ratings
dwb
Beginner
Message 21 of 30

Thanks I have the identical problem in chrome.

I cannot upload or download attachments with bt webmail.

Hotmail is fine but I can't keep forwarding emails.

on the 23/4/12 I was able to download a document attached to a mail no problem.

EDIT - just tried on a third pc now - same problem Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 30

Re: BT Yahoo e-mails with attachments

Had the same problem. Fixed by unplugging/plugging all cables to the BT Homehub router. Wait for the blue lights to return. Then pressing and holding for 15 secs the reset button at the back, and wait for all the blue lights to return. All ok then after that, regards Annette
0 Ratings
dwb
Beginner
Message 24 of 30

Just had BT call me back about this.

The problem may be due to a BT server update.

The fix for my homehub 3 is to first switch of all pc's in the house.

Then reset the homehub using a paperclip in the small hole near the power supply connection.

Wait for three blue lights. Then switch on the PC.

Sorted

Smiley Happy

Sageman
Contributor
Message 25 of 30

Attachments not downloading in BTYahoo mail. Not working in Safari, Firefox or Chrome. Cleared cache etc etc. Has anyone any idea if BT is getting this sorted or is it just another BT problem to annoy us.

0 Ratings
Moxo
Message 26 of 30

Have had same problem for a few days.  Reboot of modem as described above cured problem.  No reply for request for help from BT!

0 Ratings
wamjl50
Message 27 of 30

I have the same problem Not able to attach any attachments  ( Timing out) and not able to Open any attachments.  I have been working on it for a week now what we know so far

It is not the computer ( I have 4 all the same)

It is not the Browser have tried (IE and Firefox )

It is only  BT Yahoo accounts  My sons Yahoo only is OK

I can get mine  to work on other peoples Broadbands I can log on via

IT IS THE BROARDBAND  

My problems only started the day after I had Infinity Are the other complaints all

Infinity is the Question ?

Yes the solution is to press the RESET BUTTON on the back of the Black Hub Router with a paper clip How long will the fix last?

I have not a clue exactly what this is all about very odd indeed as at the end of the day a router is only a Router I was a broadband engineer until I retired a year or so ago  

0 Ratings
Erindoors
Message 28 of 30

Thank you so much for the paperclip solution, which worked a treat.

My husband and I spent hours last night trying to resolve the attachment problem.

So simple. So magic.

Mind you, I would love to know what caused it in the first place. We have had Infinity for about six weeks. I'd love to know if it something specific to Infinity or if it is one of the many irritations now built into BT Yahoo.
0 Ratings
terry4250
Beginner
Message 29 of 30

I have this problem.  I use Windows 7 Ultimate with Internet Explorer 10.  April 10th was ok, April 13th I was unable to download photos.  I then found I could no longer attach photos either.   I have a rarely used second email address which still uses BT Classic email, on the same computer, and to my surprise still works perfectly.   I have been able to attach photos using my second email address, send to my usual address and been unable to open them.   I have also forwarded incoming emails received at my usual address, with attachments which cannot be opened there, to my second address and they have opened ok.  Now just in case Windows was corrupted in some way I have now used Windows restore to a date which was ok, with no change in attachment problems.

This seems to imply that is is the newer email programme which is at fault  -  I see from Google that this problem is not only happening to others, but that other mail programs (Firefox etc) are affected too.

Help!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 30

I had a similar problem with Vista and Internet Explorer 9 and by going into Tools> Manage Add Ons and disabling add ons one at a time I found that the ones in Tracking Prevention were causing the problem. Once they were disabled the problem was cured.

0 Ratings