Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor

BT Yahoo email 'Temporary' error 8 - anyone else having this problem?

For about 6 days now I have kept getting a 'temporary error 8' message when I try to load my emails. I tried the suggested troubleshooting tips but got nowhere and although the message states engineers are working on the issue, I'm starting to wonder as it has been nearly a week now. Is there anything else I can do to fix this? Getting increasingly frustrated now as I have about 600 emails which I cannot access!
Distinguished Sage

Re: BT Yahoo email 'Temporary' error 8 - anyone else having this problem?

Aspiring Contributor

Thanks, but I can't even get that far - when I click 'Options' it just says it is loading - two hours later I came back and it still said it was loading but nothing had happened... :smileysad:

Distinguished Sage

I don't know if this would work but you could try setting up an email client such as Microsoft lMail or Thunderbird and see if that will down load the mail for you.

Distinguished Sage

Here is how to set up Thunderbird.

Using Thunderbird e-mail client

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

I have the same problem.  PC Cleaner Pro advertises a fix, stung me for cash then failed to work.

I have tried to access my BT Yahoo email via Thunderbird and Outlook but my username and/or password are not recognised.

Any other suggestions/solutions?

PC is high end Alienware laptop running Windows 7.

Guru

Hi Tarja, welcome to the forum.

Forget Outlook for the time being. 

Go back to setting up Thunderbird on your PC; follow Keith Beddoe's link above, ensuring that you configure mail for IMAP [and not POP3].  This means you will have to manually fill in the outgoing nd incoming server/secruity settings as in the link.  Check the entries after each stage, especially your username [ab@btinternet.com].

If you are setting up on your phone, again you will have to configure the servers manually and not follow the auto configuration that POP3 uses.

[Delete any previous installtions of Thunderbird before you commence, not fogetting any profiles you have set up on your PC.  For good measure,

Go to > [Google] "File Hippo">download and install "CCleaner">run before all of the above.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

Expert

Tarja wrote:

I have the same problem.  PC Cleaner Pro advertises a fix, stung me for cash then failed to work.

I have tried to access my BT Yahoo email via Thunderbird and Outlook but my username and/or password are not recognised.

Any other suggestions/solutions?

PC is high end Alienware laptop running Windows 7.

Try getting into your account by logging in using

https://api.login.yahoo.com/login/history?

Go back to your "Account Info"

Then click on  "Mail"

Or if that fails

Click "Mail OPtions"

and try the fix above

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&y=PROD_MAIL_ML&locale=en_US&id=SLN3564

That does not work either as Mail options fails to load

Expert

[ Edited ]

SRDBrooks wrote:

That does not work either as Mail options fails to load

As this is an old thread please raise a new one describing the problem you are having and whether you are using BT Yahoo Mail or BT Mail.  

It would also help if you could specify what exactly failed in the advice given above.

By all means include a reference to this thread by including a link to it  as follows:

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/BT-Yahoo-email-Temporary-error-8-anyone-else-having-this...