cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulsteve17
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Yahoo email in Internet Explorer11 in Windows 7

I normally access my BT Yahoo email account using the Chrome web browser.

Today I tried it in Internet Explorer 11 (Windows7) and it looks quite different from the Chrome browser version. 

Specifically, I cannot find an option to view my emails in a preview pane. In fact there are no view options available. When I click on an email it opens it directly. I’m sure it didn’t do this a year or so back before I started using Chrome. 

Can anyone offer any advice please?

Also, 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Yahoo email in Internet Explorer11 in Windows 7

It sounds like you may be using the "basic mail". If you change it to the "newest version"  which can be found by clicking on the button on the right hand side. You can then go into settings and change the view to allow a preview pane.

0 Ratings
paulsteve17
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi. Thanks for your reply. A little history here ... I hadn’t used IE11 for ages as I always use Chrome now and BT Yahoo Mail works fine in that browser.
On trying to use IE 11 again, I had loads of problems with it and had to reset it through Advanced options. This caused me lots of problems basically but eventually I did get it up and running again after identifying Google Toolbar as the problem. Disabling that cured the issues I was experiencing.
When I went into my BT Yahoo email from the BT.com site, I saw a message saying that I was using an out of date browser and only basic email would be available. So now I am pretty confused.
I could not find an option to update as you suggest unfortunately.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

The option to switch is on the top right of the screen if it is available to you but may not be due to outdated browser. Why have you stopped using Chrome?

newestyahoo.jpg

0 Ratings
paulsteve17
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

I haven’t stopped using chrome actually. IE11 was still set up as my default browser for some reason and had popped up when I clicked on a link in another application that opened IE but nothing was happening. So curiosity got the better of me and I just had to get it working again. Also my wife won’t stop using IE11 (because she’s used to it it and doesn’t like change 😡) and her email is the same, ie basic email only. 

So I spent a lot of time getting IE11 to work & when I did I realised that the BT Yahoo Mail wasn’t working like it does in Chrome. So I just had to try and fix it. But I can’t. It only works in basic mode and there is no option to upgrade.  Thing is it’s not an outdated browser. It’s IE11 & it’s the latest version available in Windows 7.

The next version is ‘Edge’ and I think that only works in Windows 10. 

If you open developer tools in WIN 7 IE11, it is shown as ‘Edge’ anyway. 🤔🤔🤔

0 Ratings