cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manics1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT Yahoo login problems

Before Christmas I suddenly couldn't open my emails on the BT Yahoo mail App because it had signed me out (even though I was automatically logged in for years). It was an old talk21.com email address which I used every single day for 20 years. I've literally made 15 phone calls to BT about this - various departments including technical supprt, security, premium mail etc. Yesterday I got really angry and said SOMEONE SOMEWHERE IN YOUR COMPANY MUST KNOW WHATS HAPPENED TO MY EMAIL ACCOUNT! Eventually the guy said he'd spoken to the 'Tier 2' team (who incidentally work offshore apparently), and it's an issue with the interface between yahoo and BT and they were going to have to liaise with Yahoo as to how do solve it!! I can't begin to tell you how frustrated I am at not being able to access my messages for a MONTH! Has anyone else had such problems? 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Yahoo login problems

@Manics1 

This is just a customer to customer forum.

Are you a current BT Broadband customer, or are you paying £7.50 a month for BT Premium Mail?

0 Ratings
Manics1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

no I'm not a BT customer and I don't have broadband however when I spoke to the premium mail team they issued me with a BT ID  and set my security question to be the same one each time. It lets me get that far and then asks me to change my my password  then it says you're all set - please login with new password. And when I do nothing happens if just clears my email address and password from the boxes and goes back blank! Then obviously you only get 3 attempts and it locks you out for 15 minutes. I can't tell you how frustrating this is to do this several times in a daily basis for a month. I've spent hours on the phone to BT  about it and nobody can help me!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Are you still paying the £7.50 a month for BT Premium Mail, its not free, check your bank statement to see if you can see a direct debit for that amount to BT?

0 Ratings
Manics1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Also one of the first things they said to me was you need to sign up for premium mail then we can link that old account to the premium one then you can code it if you wish.  Apart from the fact I don't think anyone should have to pay for an email address but if I thought for one moment that would work I'd have done it, however when I went through the process with premium mail team they doo couldn't get into my tallk21 account! 

0 Ratings
Manics1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

No you don't understand. It is free. I've never paid £7.50 in My life for this email service. It's a basic yahoo account. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

If you have not been paying for it, then its most likely been deleted by now.

It may be best to setup a free Gmail account, as that is not tied to any ISP.

Talk21 accounts are not Yahoo ones.

This is Yahoo mail https://login.yahoo.com

0 Ratings
Manics1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

My issue is why would it have suddenly been deleted ? And without any warning? 

this is all I see when I use that link you posted - the same thing I've seen 100 times already 

DAFBA257-1DBB-4B56-BC5E-20DB8C225F94.png

0 Ratings
Manics1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

I've already got a free Gmail address as well as an iCloud one! That's not the problem. The problem is I need to get accsss to my btinternet address to retrieve important messages That are in there, both past and current! 

0 Ratings
Manics1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

I've even gone down the route  of setting up a new email account and when I type in that address it says that user already exists! 

0 Ratings