Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Keeping-up
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Yahoo mail not working except on webmail

Go to solution

One of my 4 BT Yahoo mail accounts stopped working on my mobile (Android 7) and on my ancient tablet (Android 5) and on my PC (Windows 10) this morning, all at the same time, and yet it still works just fine on Webmail. The password is correct (it must be, it works on webmail) but I tried deleting and re-entering it on my Windows PC anyway and of course it made no difference. The BT helpline advisor tells me that I need to delete the account entirely from each of my 3 devices and re-enter it, and everything will then be fine, but I just don't believe that. Can anyone offer any advice please?

I have had similar problems before on various of my BT Yahoo accounts and I seem to remember other people had the same issues, but that the problems just fix themselves after a few days. Is that still the case?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Yahoo mail not working except on webmail

Go to solution

Do NOT change your password and do not delete and re-add your account. It is pointless if the problem is on more than one device.

As you have said, this does happen and it usually sorts its self out in a day or so. As long as you can access your email via webmail just continue to do that.

One thing you could try is to use the Yahoo server settings. This has worked for some people. Try them on one device while the other devices are switched off so that they are not trying to access the account while you are try them.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN3697.html

Keeping-up
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks very much. Your advice was sound; after reading it I did absolutely nothing and sure enough this morning it was all working again

0 Ratings
Jojochiz
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi

unfortunately a couple of weeks ago this happened to me and I stupidly did delete my account and tried to re-install on my iPhone and I’ve had no end of issues getting email since. I’m now stuck. I thought your previous post would help and I’ve tried that but still getting mail server not responding messages. I tried an online chat with BT and all they confirmed is what I already know - my email is working on webmail and so they have advised I need to speak to Apple. Is this the correct advice? I have two other BT email accounts working fine on my iPhone. I believe I’m a BT legacy yahoo customer.

any advice would be gratefully received. 

0 Ratings