Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pdl999
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Yahoo mail servers faulty?

Go to solution

For about a week now I've had only intermittent access to email via my PC (Outlook) and our two Android phones.  Webmail works fine.  Nothing has changed my end, but for hours at a time, the mail servers will not accept my login and then it works fine for a few hours.  It's getting to the point where I am seriously considering dumping my BT email addresses and going gmail.  I have tried BT chat but all they want to do is have me reconfigure and reset everything my end and simply ignore me when I ask to check if there is a fault with the BT servers.  I have reset and reconfigured everything my end more than once to no avail.

Is anyone else having these problems?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Yahoo mail servers faulty?

Go to solution

If you read through the forum you will see that many people have the same problem.

The first thing to do is to make sure that your email clients/apps are using the correct settings as per this link.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/6591

0 Ratings
pdl999
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I am using those those settings and have been for years.  It is only recently this problem has occurred.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I think your idea  of moving to gmail is best idea you have had  and often recommended on the forum 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pdl999
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks but losing my bt email address is the very last resort as it will create a huge amount of work. Are you suggesting there is a fundamental problem with the bt service that I will not be able to overcome?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

This has been a problem with the BT servers for a number of years although it does not affect all users or even every account that the individual user may have.

It can be a bit like feast and famine. Your account can work without problems for a long time then out of the blue you get the problem you are having. It can last for a few days or weeks then again without you doing anything you have no problems for months.

The advice on the forum when this happens is if your webmail is still working, do nothing as the problem usually resolves it self in a day or two.

It is an option to move all your email over to gmail which can take some time to achieve but if you you do decide to do that you will no longer have an email address tied to an ISP which will make life easier should you decide at any time in the future to move to another ISP.

It might be worth just waiting for a month or two to see if your service returns to "normal" before going to the effort of moving to gmail.

0 Ratings