Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT Yahoo to BT Mail in iPhone

Hi

I’ve deleted my BT Yahoo and set up BT Mail on my iPhone, but there is no option for contacts and I’ve now lost them all and cannot go back to reinstall a Yahoo account

my contacts are on BT Webmail, so how can I transfer them to my iPhone Contacts

thanks 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Yahoo to BT Mail in iPhone

What do you mean you have deleted "BT Yahoo and set up BT Mail "

If you are on the BTYahoo email system you can not change to the BTMail system.

Do you mean you have changed the server settings on your iPhone from the Yahoo server settings to the BT server settings as shown in this link or that you have changed to a different email app?

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

As regards your contacts you would need to "export" them by opening your contacts in webmail then click on "more" and click "export". Once you have done that you then need to move the saved file onto your phone and then "Import" them into your contacts file on your phone.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

When you set up a bt email account on an iPhone you can no longer select Yahoo in settings you have to use Other and there is no Contacts selection 

been getting emails from bt saying Yahoo no longer supports by mail, that’s why I’ve changed

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Correct, but you should never have been using Yahoo details in the first place, it was always an unofficial back door that should never have been open.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

There is no ‘more’ on the contacts in webmail
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

So it is as I have said. You have not changed from BTYahoo to BTMail. They are two different email systems.

The Yahoo settings, although they used to work have never been the correct server settings for either BTYahoo or BTMail.

What you have been informed by BT is that you can no longer use the Yahoo server settings in order to access the BTYahoo email system because they will no longer work. You must use the correct BT server settings that are in the link I posted so what you have done is change your email server settings.

You would appear to have deleted your account and then set it up again using the correct settings. There was no need to delete the account to change the server settings. You could have gone into your email app's settings and just clicked on the servers and changed them to the BT ones.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

In BTYahoo mail, click on the contacts icon and select 'export'from there.

contacts export.jpg

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

I am using the BTMail system. It may be the case that because you are on the BTYahoo system that there is a difference in the contacts page.

Perhaps somebody who is on the BTYahoo system can assist you in how to export the contacts.

EDIT: Post crossed with the above message.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

what is the next strp after you downlowd the contacts CVC?

0 Ratings