cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helva
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT Yahoo

I have had BT Mail ever since the opportuity to change from BT Yahoo, several years ago. All of a sudden I am back to BT Yahoo and several emails have disappeared. If I go to My BT and look for my mail I find myself on the BT Yahoo site which does not have the missing ones. How can this happen and how can I get back to BT mail?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Yahoo

@Helvawrote:

I have had BT Mail ever since the opportuity to change from BT Yahoo, several years ago. All of a sudden I am back to BT Yahoo and several emails have disappeared. If I go to My BT and look for my mail I find myself on the BT Yahoo site which does not have the missing ones. How can this happen and how can I get back to BT mail?

Hi.

You weren't given the opportunity to change to BTMail, it would have been automatically done with migration starting in March 2014. It was permanently stopped in September 2014. So some accounts moved to BTMail, with the others remaining on BTYahoo.

If your account is on BTYahoo - you were never migrated, and you will not be migrated.

Can you say why you believe you were on BTMail?

0 Ratings
Helva
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Thanks Andy for replying.

1   I was contacted and chose BT Mail rather then Yahoo

2.  When ever I was on BT site and wished to check if BT had erroneously marked someting as spam I was able to access all my mail and check.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

@Helvawrote:

Thanks Andy for replying.

1   I was contacted and chose BT Mail rather then Yahoo

Who contacted you? I assume you were already a BTinternet customer. No-one was contacted asking if they wanted to migrate - it was automatic. BT will have sent emails saying it was going to happen, but never sent any to say it was stopped.

2.  When ever I was on BT site and wished to check if BT had erroneously marked someting as spam I was able to access all my mail and check.

I assume it's only a few that are missing. Are these ones you have already seen, or ones that are expected? Do you use any other device to check the emails? Have you checked the Trash folder etc?

0 Ratings
Helva
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Andy

Was only a few and all from the same bloke which I had received. Have chacked all folders - Trash, Junk, etc. Spotlight on my iMac. Disappeared and on Thursday/Friday this week.

0 Ratings
Helva
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Andy

Can view my mail on IPad and iPhone.

0 Ratings
Helva
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Andy

Raised with loccal computer guru who could not understand it either but confirmed it was not possible to change back to BT Mail. Also stated that there was no longer a problem with Yahoo.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

@Helvawrote:

Andy

Raised with loccal computer guru who could not understand it either but confirmed it was not possible to change back to BT Mail. Also stated that there was no longer a problem with Yahoo.

Hi again.

I hope you didn't pay this "local guru", the only place to come for this advice is in these forums.

If your current account is on BTYahoo, it was never on BTMail as I said - so you can't go "back".

Your issue was missing emails, nothing to do with "problem with Yahoo". There are definitely problems with BTYahoo, as can be seen by the many posts in these forums.

0 Ratings