cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Callerab
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT account closed - how long can email be accessed?

Go to solution

Hello, a friend changed to EE in May and was told by them that my friends "btinternet.com" email address and access would be retained.  This sounds like a missunderstadning to me.

How long does BT allow access to "btinternet.com" email after account closure please? Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
wedd1ng528
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT account closed - how long can email be accessed?

Go to solution

Doesn't really answer your question but I left Pipex some 6 or so months ago and I still occasionally use my Pipex e-mail address without any problems. It's been a boon during these troubled times with e-mail at BT.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Callerab,

The BT email address will work for 30 days after BT Broadband is cancelled and it is then suspended for 7days. You can upgrade to BT Premium Mail via the Email Management page on My BT during this period and if you don't upgrade the email to Premium mail within 37 days of cancelling the email address is permanently deleted and unfortunately can't be recovered.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
wedd1ng528
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Can no longer edit my previous post but it should have said that I left Pipex some 6 years (not months) ago.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
0 Ratings
Gixx6r
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

To be quite honest. BT mail isnt working properly even for live subscribers, so dont hold your breath......

0 Ratings
Callerab
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks.  Luckily the account cancel day was at the beginning of July.  Customer changed their password on July 5 and didn't change this correctly in all their clients.  Went for the "BT Premium Mail" option - or whatever its called - to keep their btinternet.com address.

For some reason she gets 12 months free, then £1.60/month (or whatever it will be in 12months time) and so is happy.  Thanks.

0 Ratings