cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gintwin
Message 1 of 5

BT asked me to change my web mail password now I can only send not receive emails

When I  tried to log in to my web mail today via bt.com it said there was a security problem and took me through some security checks then asked me to change my password on my 3 email accounts which I did and was able to log in to them all ok, however my main email account is not receiving emails but I can send them. I have chatted to bt who say they have escalated my problem to toier 2 support but nothing will happen till tomorrow any ideas please

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT asked me to change my web mail password now I can only send not receive emails

Hi @gintwin  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you had a problem with receiving emails. Did the Tier2 helpdesk get this resolved for you yet?

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
gintwin
Message 3 of 5

Re: BT asked me to change my web mail password now I can only send not receive emails

Nothing heard from BT today, Rang them and they say India need to seal with tis and could take 72hrs !

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @gintwin  thanks for the update and sorry it's taking longer than expected. Do keep the thread updated with your progress as you are already with the right team to help you with this.

cheers
John

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

It may be that your account was compromised. You should log on and go to settings and check that forwarding has not been set up. If it was set up and the box to not leave a copy was ticked it would give the appearance that you are not receiving emails.

0 Ratings