cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kate_R
Message 1 of 7

BT connect email address

Strange problem - we have been successfully using a btconnect.com email address for years and recently accessing emails through outlook app on two phones. My phone had to be repaired & when it came back I was unable to use the app, the password wasn't recognised and I was unable to change it. Eventually I  managed to get onto it but then the next day it was asking me to sign in again but the app didn't recognise the password but wouldn't allow me to change it. After several hours on the phone to BT I can now sign into MyBT but can't get any emails. I have now been told that our account is a residential but the email address is a business one so its not possible to have that email address connected to a residential account. It has been this way for at least 3 years without a problem and now it won't work and I can't access any emails. 

Any suggestions please

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT connect email address

@Kate_R 

btconnect.com email addresses are on BT Business accounts, so please could you post on the BT Business forum, as this is the residential forum and cannot help with BT Business email.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

Unless you have a BT business account, you would not be able to access btconnect email addresses.

Are you a business user?

0 Ratings
Kate_R
Message 3 of 7

We have a residential account but have retained the btconnect address from previously when we had a business account & it has been fine until 2 days ago

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

@Kate_R wrote:

We have a residential account but have retained the btconnect address from previously when we had a business account & it has been fine until 2 days ago

In that case its probably been deleted, as part of a cleanup of accounts by BT Business, as you need to have a BT business account to maintain it.

I would suggest that you ask on the BT Business forum, as I seem to remember a similar question posted there.

0 Ratings
Kate_R
Message 5 of 7

Ok, thank you. Its very frustrating as we have lost all emails. I don't understand why this has suddenly happened.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

@Kate_R 

See this thread https://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Email-computing-hosting-domains/Retaining-BT-Connect-email-address...

That sums it all up. I think you have just been lucky that it has kept working for so long.

0 Ratings
Kate_R
Message 7 of 7

Yes, I have been reading some of the other posts with similar problems & like you say maybe we have been lucky in one sense but that doesn't help the headache now of trying to sort it out & changing email address etc & notifying all our business contacts,
0 Ratings