cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: BT email App

Go to solution

If I knew my current password I wouldn’t be in this predicament. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

You must have the current password otherwise you could not have logged onto your email account and got to the part where you changing your password and being asked for the current password.

Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

Exactly.

If you don't know it because your browser is auto filling the password in the webmail login screen, just click on the 'show' button to reveal it.

Nowhere in the thread have you said you didn't know your current password. All you have said is the password wasn't accepted when you entered it, which is something entirely different.

showpwd.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

Yes, I log in with my BTID password which is not the same as the email password - that’s what I’m trying to say.

I have two BT email addresses -  I know the password for one of these addresses and have installed it on Blue Mail - the second address I use as my email address as an author for anything to do with writing. This second email address  won’t install because it says I have the wrong password.  That is why I’m trying to change the password for that particular email address.

I log in with my BTID in order to get to the webmail page and then follow instructions i.e top right email account info etc to where it says change (email) password.  To change the password it asks for the previous password - which I don’t have - it is then, if I follow the ‘forgot password’ it takes me back to changing  the  main ID password  which lets me see my bills, products, usage etc which I don’t want to change and doesn’t work anyway when trying to instal the email on Blue Mail (or any other email app) because I’ve tried it. 

I know this sounds confusing - it is to me - but it is the email password I’m trying to change not my BTID password.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

I have to log in on this page before I get to webmail - then when on webmail page I click on account name, top right - account info etc.  It then says change email password which leads me back to ID password which I don’t want to change and is not accepted when installing the email address on Blue Mail or any other email app.  Thus going round in circles.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

Ok, so when you are logging in at the screen I just posted a screenshot of, are you entering your BTID or the email address for which you have forgotten the password?

If you enter the email address with the forgotten password and then click on forgotten password, where does that take you?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

If you reach this screen, enter the email address with the forgotten password, not your BTID.

forgotten.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

No, I have that password and can log into my main account (which shows me what products I have from BT - (Broadband, landline, bills, email etc) and allows me into the webmail page.  There is a separate email password which is requested by any email app before it will instal the email on that app.  It is that password I do not have.  

I know there is a separate password because I’ve installed one email address on Blue Mail without problem.  When I tried to instal the second address the same password does not work, neither is main BTID word accepted.  I had a note of another password which I thought was for this email address but it must be wrong - I therefore need to get a new email password in order to instal the second email address on Blue Mail (or any other email app).

I’m really sorry if I’m not explaining the problem clearly.  

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

At screenshot 1 enter the email address you don't know the password of. At screenshot 2 enter the email address you don't know the password of. 

At no time enter your BTID

Message 20 of 21

Go to solution
I have appointments - I’ll look at it agin later - thanks
0 Ratings