Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maxstamp
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT email address downgrade

Go to solution

Hello,

Can anyone explain why a talk21.com email address linked to a current BT broadband account was downgraded to basic email.

I went into manage my email using BT ID and the address has disappeared and been replaced by a btinternet.com address , same beginning but now a btinternet.com address which obviously does not work as i do not have the password for this address.

Is this all related to the new BT mail app as i have had nothing but trouble since they stopped support for yahoo mail.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT email address downgrade

Go to solution

do you pay for premium email - £7.50pm?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Maxstamp
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

No, i was under the impression that the standard email service was included as a BT broadband customer.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

It is.

Talk 21 email addresses are now in the format name.t21@btinternet .com. Your password will still be the same.

0 Ratings
Maxstamp
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

On my BT ID the address appears as name@btinternet.com not name@talk21.com and the password for the talk 21 address which i can still use on a web mail browser, however does not work on BT web mail or on the Android app when i use thename@ bt.internet.com 

I have used the 21.com address for longer than i care to remember but i guess its time to move on from BT for email,

most of it is junk mail i will just have to sit down and re address the important stuff to a new email service, does anybody

have any recommendations ?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Are you sure it isn't name.t21@btinternet.com rather than just name@btinternet.com? It will no longer be name@talk21.com

0 Ratings
Maxstamp
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Apologies Liquorice ,

You are correct, however on my BT ID it the t.21 does not appear in the email address, i can now log in using both appendages .

what happens now when some one sends me an email using talk21.com will i still receive  it?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Yes, they are both the same thing.

Maxstamp
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Many Thanks Liquorice for your help.

Its a pity BT support are not as helpful as you are.

Have a good evening and thanks again.

0 Ratings