cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT email app on iOS not forwarding attachments

Hi,

In the last few months, I’ve noticed a problem forwarding emails with attachments - the email is forwarded successfully but attachments are missing. I’ve seen posts on this forum which relate to problems with the forwarded email itself but not one limited to attachments in particular. 
If I forward any email using webmail (PC, Firefox) then attachments are forwarded successfully. 
My problem is with the iPhone BT Email App only (version 21.6.2 according to the App Store, running on iPhone 12 Pro iOS version 15.5). 
Any ideas to fix this?

Cheers,

John. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT email app on iOS not forwarding attachments

Ditch the BT mail app and use a proper app.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Any suggestions? Are some apps better integrated with BT’s webmail (i.e. all received, sent and emails in folders available in both)? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

That's nothing to do with which app you use, it's a standard feature of IMAP on any app.

Any app is preferable to the BT app, I can recommend Blue Mail but I'm on Android, not sure if there is an iOS version.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

There is an iOS version of BlueMail. It’s more sophisticated but sadly, it too is buggy:
- push emails are not working properly. Only when I open the BlueMail app do notifications occur. Yet the BT app still flags those immediately.
- notifications don’t work (probably the same issue as above) 
- all my emails are “starred” suddenly. The help advice to “select all” and then “un-star” seems unavailable in the iOS version. 
- there are problems viewing webpages with embedded video adverts.  Those are spontaneously activated and can’t easily be closed. So reading my newspaper articles notified to me via email, isn’t viable sometimes. Selecting Bluemail’s own browser doesn’t improve matters. Sadly, is crashes sometimes. For me, this is a killer issue. 
- the BlueMail help is strongly orientated to Android. There is some iOS help but often the advice relates to Android only. 
So your suspicions are partly correct: there is an iOS version but it seems less mature than the Android one. What you have taught me is how easy it is to use an alternative client app. My search continues…

John.

0 Ratings