cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT email cancelled without any warning

My BT email has been cancelled without any warning. We moved house 6 weeks ago to temporary accommodation so could not transfer our BT Broadband and phone. When I phoned BT they said I could continue BT email which I requested but also asked to upgrade to BT Premium email. They could not complete this at the time and said someone would phone back to do the upgrade at about £6 pm. Nothing happened. Today I cannot get into email or my account. Phoning BT I was told my account has been closed including email. It seems this cannot be reversed. The same thing happened a few years ago when my credit card expired without my knowing.  Is there any way around this, can a closed account be reversed? I have no confidence in BT being able to put this right. Anyone with similar experiences and solutions? Thanks 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT email cancelled without any warning

have you tried to access mail using web browser and not app

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT email cancelled without any warning

Your email account will have been downgraded to the BTMail basic account which can only be accessed using a web browser.

You can call the BT Premium email team and have your account moved to a BT Premium email account.

The contact details are in the following link in the Premium Email section.

BT Email products | Types of BT Emails | BT Help

0 Ratings